News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free-State VIII....June 2-4

Started by Al Goodwin, April 03, 2017, 10:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Due to a few work commitments i had to wait a few weeks on this event, it's a month later this year...maybe it won't be to HOT :-\

Brushy Lake campground is back open, so that'll be the base camp. 

I'll have the BIG grill again, so SausageFest Friday night, bring your Conecuha and anything else you'd like to throw on the grill.

Saturday morning breakfast will be served 7:30-9...Pancakes and BACON 8)

The ride will be much like last years, although I will be doing some scouting around and maybe/hopefully adding something new,....and I hope no flat tires this year :-\

Lunch stop will be, the always good, Chef Troys Talk of the Town in beautiful Houston, Al.

Saturday night festivities may, or may not, include some music(if any of y'all play, bring your guitar, banjo, etc...)  It's the first weekend of June, but we'll HAVE to have a campfire...stories always sound better around a fire.  Saturday night dinner is usually whatever is left from Friday night, we always have plenty of food. 

This is the weekend after a few of us are racing the Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge, so we'll be able, I hope ::), to discuss the events of this race.

I'll be creating an event on that book of faces, in the Dual-sport Alabama groups, I think there's a dozen of'em now. :o

klaviator

I gotta work that Friday night but I should be able to make it Sat morning.

jrobinson

Linked to bamarides calendar and added to my calendar. I'll probably have to head out Saturday afternoon.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

TFancher

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

foodog2

Well shoot, I am out!  Maybe I'll make the fall ride.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Tiger

A couple of friends and I are planning on coming Saturday morning. Just curious about the type of riding we will be doing. (which bike to bring) I have not ridden up there in decades and only FS roads then. We will definitely bring musical instruments of destruction as well. I think I remember that being a dry county also. Just wondering if beer was an issue for Saturday night. Any supplies needed, please let me know.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Tiger on May 12, 2017, 07:17:10 AM
A couple of friends and I are planning on coming Saturday morning. Just curious about the type of riding we will be doing. (which bike to bring) I have not ridden up there in decades and only FS roads then. We will definitely bring musical instruments of destruction as well. I think I remember that being a dry county also. Just wondering if beer was an issue for Saturday night. Any supplies needed, please let me know.

Rules are......no alcoholic beverages in the campgounds....take that as you wish 8)

The riding is FS roads, so all bikes must be tagged and insured.   Optional ride:  If you want to trailer your dirt-bikes you can ride the Flint Creek OHV trail on Sunday morning.  Some dual-sport guys may want to as well.

I rode all the "roads" on the loop 2-up on the KLR, and also 2-up on the Tenere...so, any dual-sport bike will do.

Breakfast will be served Saturday morning at the campgrounds around 8am, so no need to stop on the way.  We'll have pancakes and 10 pounds of bacon... :P

Tiger

Thanks Al. May opt for the Husky instead of the KLX. We will all be tagged and will probably go beerless this time. Looking forward to it

Fencejumper09

You will regret going beerless once politics and religion become the focus of the campfire problem solving!  :D
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on May 16, 2017, 08:34:19 AM
You will regret going beerless once politics and religion become the focus of the campfire problem solving!  :D

That's FUNNY ;D ;D ;D

We NEVER talk politics. ::) ::) ::)

Al Goodwin

OK.....the week of preparation is here.

I'll go down to Brushy Lake campground Thursday night and pay/hold several campsites.  When y'all get there just setup on any site you like, or take one I've got my name on.  I think they're $5/night, so rather inexpensive.

Not sure if Melony and I will be staying Thursday night, if not, we'll be down Friday afternoon early.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

TFancher

I'm in if anyone needs a headcount. I have to work Friday night so I'm planning to be there for the baconfest Saturday morning.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

TFancher

Quote from: Al Goodwin on May 21, 2017, 10:10:19 AM
Quote from: Fencejumper09 on May 16, 2017, 08:34:19 AM

That's FUNNY ;D ;D ;D

We NEVER talk politics. ::) ::) ::)

As I recall, we NEVER go beerless either!