News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Rider News - Rench's Rap for April 8th, 2017

Started by renchinrider, April 10, 2017, 09:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hello, BamaRiders!  This is a copy/paste of our weekly newsletter.  Enjoy!

Hi, Everyone!

Hope all of you enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather as much as I did--it was an optimal weekend to RIDE!  We had a great garage crawl Saturday morning.  About 10 of us went from Blue Plate II to Shinerz showcar and detailing products (http://www.showcar.us).  There, owner Jim Vaughn demonstrated a variety of their products on his pristine 2003 100th anniversary H-D Softail Deuce.  We each got a few demo products to try, and there were products all of wanted to purchase as well.  The best part is that many of the Showcar brand products are manufactured right here in Grant, AL!  Thanks to Dale Proctor for taking this photo of Jim and his bike.

Upcoming Events:

13-16 April:  BamaRides is hosting a dual-sport weekend in Tellico.   http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1532.0  These events have been popular in the past, and riders are converging from many places to join in this event.

15 April:  We're hosting trainers from Huntsville Fire and Rescue at our weekly breakfast at 8 am at the Blue Plate CafĂ© II on S. Memorial Parkway, in the banquet room.  The training will cover response procedures to care for a downed rider until 911 responders arrive.  This is training we hope never to need, but will be thankful for if we ever do.  See you there!

22 April:  Two events (among many):

- Boys and Girls Clubs of (North) Alabama Benefit Poker Run and Bike Show in Decatur.  As all of you know, Madison Moto is committed to support this event, and has asked us to support as much as possible alongside.  Please see attached flyer.

- Real Fathers Making a Difference & Wheel Fix It 5th Annual Car & Bike Family Fest from noon to 5 pm at the Jaycees Fairgrounds in Huntsville.  This is another great benefit event, on the same day.

April 29th:  Athens Car and BIKE Show.  This is one of our "Pack The House" events for this year.  We got the site map this past week, showing where each of the different major events will take place.  We'll also be coordinating with our CMA partners, who will be doing traffic control for the Athens staff so we can arrange best possible processes to unload and load our showbikes.  Mike Long will be doing "Glamor Photos" of bikes and their owners as well.  I know all of you are following RJ's updates on Facebook, and I now have sufficient information to publishing a special edition of Rench's Rap for the bike show, too.

Please note RJ's special request on our Facebook page: 
"I will be asking NAVMC membership to share the promotional post that is presented on day 15 on their timeline. If you don't share I will understand. If you DO share I know that You understand ! This may be our best way to reach the greatest number of people, support the charities of Limestone County and promote Vintage Motorcycling in Our Area."

If you're able, please distribute RJ's 15 Day show announcement to all of your friends and "friends" (Facebook and other social media), encouraging them to join us in Athens on April 29th. 

That evening after the Bike Show, the Huntsville Chapter of the CMA will have a fundraiser movie night at Redstone Harley-Davidson at 7:30 pm.

April 30th:   RJ's NAVMC BBQ and Great-Time Get-Together.  We're going to have a great time at RJ's place, with food, music, and three different rides all going on at the same time!  Our friends from the Hunstville CMA "Forgiven Riders" chapter will provide a morning worship opportunity and will bless bikes, too.  Block your calendar and plan for a great day of fun and fellowship at RJ's!

May 13th:  NAVMC Garage Crawl to Byron Tidwell's Shop:  All of us who have seen Byron's amazing bikes know that this is a "don't miss" event coming up.  Mark your calendars and let's get ready to ride out to Byron's place!

May 21-28:  Deal's Gap Two-Stroke Meet

May 27-28:  Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club's Annual 24-h-Hour Off-Road Endurance Race, Maplevale, AL

--------------------------------------------------------------

Possible NAVMC Overnight Event:  Back at the beginning of the year, responders to RJ's activities poll recommended both an overnight getaway of some kind, as well as a dirt riding event.  Our original response was the Bankhead/Double Springs dirt/street getaway July 14-16th.  However, early feedback from all of you suggests this either isn't the optimal time or the optimal location to do this.  Another recommendation on the table is to find another date, and plan a dirt/street getaway to Two Wheels of Suches in north Georgia instead (http://twowheelsofsuches.com/).  I haven't gotten any feedback yet, but would welcome your responses.  Please tell me if this is a better option for a getaway event for NAVMC.  I'm also seeking optimal dates.  Holiday weekends are sometimes best, but also require the longest lead time in order to confirm reservations.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

The ride in Tellico Plains this weekend is for both dual Sport AND street riders.  There is plenty of camping available at only 10 bucks a night and the weather forecast is great with highs around 80 and lows in the high 50s.

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on April 10, 2017, 12:10:43 PM
The ride in Tellico Plains this weekend is for both dual Sport AND street riders. 

Yup, Win beat me to it.  All are welcome.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Thanks for adding the clarification...Hope y'all enjoy an awesome weekend of riding!  Wish I could join you... ::)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!