Main Menu

Reclamation

Started by kdtrull, July 02, 2017, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Reclamation - It happens.  :o

kdtrull

kdtrull

Went up to Loretta Lynn's to watch the races today.  Found a few more struggling structures along the way.

kdtrull

Chitza

I'm digging this thread and the idea behind it. Good job, kd.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kdtrull

kdtrull

Morning on the XT.  Afternoon on the KLR. 

kdtrull

Today's images begin in the area around Hatton, AL and end in TN along a section of GPSKevin's TAT.

dredman

Awesome thread...really curious about the stories behind these structures:
- what happened?
- was it just a lack of a will, or descendants?
- what will they take for what is left?
- is it worth the $500 I am willing to offer?

dredman

my favorite shot - that is so awesome!  I want to see some black and whites from the 20's

kdtrull

Quote from: dredman on August 27, 2017, 07:09:12 PM
Awesome thread...really curious about the stories behind these structures:
- what happened?
- was it just a lack of a will, or descendants?
- what will they take for what is left?
- is it worth the $500 I am willing to offer?

Sounds like you're thinking exactly what got me started on this reclamation gig.  I'd love to know the stories.  I have to settle for soaking in the images and imagining my own stories.  Every once in a blue moon, some old feller will come out and talk a little.  Most times, there's not a soul to be found.  I should start recording when the local historians do wander out.  The feller over at Orme, TN told the best story I've heard in a long time.  I'm just a poor old hick....but if I had money, I'd be all over some of these properties....especially the the old Wilburn Mill.  $1.5M ain't that easy to come by, now days.

You spun a durn good eclipse yarn.  Thanks for sharing.  My story-telling gland is severely atrophied lately.

dredman

Well dang k, your purty pictures (and purty mouth) always made me jelly, and I always wanted to join you on one of those northern rides you are always taken.  Maybe I can get a chance this year?

springer

Quote from: dredman on August 27, 2017, 08:17:50 PM
Well dang k, your purty pictures (and purty mouth) always made me jelly, and I always wanted to join you on one of those northern rides you are always taken.  Maybe I can get a chance this year?
That /\ reads like something in Jo Momma. ..........if ya know what I'm a saying.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

norton73

Quote from: springer on August 27, 2017, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: dredman on August 27, 2017, 08:17:50 PM
That /\ reads like something in Jo Momma. ..........if ya know what I'm a saying.  ;)

http://www.yomamasrestaurant.com
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kdtrull

Not even the Mother is immune from the renewal: