News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

WERA Tally - Sunday, 8/20 - Munford, AL

Started by ColeX2, August 15, 2017, 03:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColeX2

WERA is holding the final Tally round for the year this coming weekend.  It is a typical regional weekend, in which there is Vintage Racing and Sportbike Solos (usually a longer, endurance-like race that you compete solo) on Saturday, 8/19, starting at 12:30pm, and then Sportbike Sprints on Sunday, 8/20, starting at 12pm.  Gate fee is $20 for the weekend, or $15 for Sunday only, according to the head guy.  Kids 12 and under are free.

Here is a link to the schedule.  They often revise the races (split up classes or combine them) once they know the rider turnout to accommodate more or less riders than expected in each class.
http://wera.com/pdfs/eventschedule/talladega082017.pdf

There really is some good racing at these events, so come on out to watch!  Get a ride in at nearby Cheaha in the morning and then come by at lunch. 
To get into the paddock (infield), you have to cross the track.  They only open and close the gate for crossings every few races, so I suggest getting here during lunch (11:30am-12:30pm Saturday and 11am-12pm Sunday) when they'll have the gates open the entire time to avoid having to wait outside the gate.  If you're coming on 4 wheels, bring a chair!

I'll be racing the R6 and R3 in one race each on Sunday.  I won't be there Saturday.

Hope to see you out supporting the sport!   :)