News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Gymkhana Saturday Sept 23

Started by The Bikle Shop, August 20, 2017, 03:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bikle Shop

Ok
Clark and I (lawnmowerRG) are trying to get the City to close a street for a Gymkhana.

Is there interest from BR in doing this?

We would provide lunch, restroom, bring the BR trailer to collect any vintage parts.

As well as a one day 20% discount on any parts ordered. That would exclude tires as we cant afford to loose money on them.
Kind of a Gymkhana/open house. 

I know Springer mentioned doing one at another location soon. If you have that going? We can put it off.

klaviator

I'm always up for a Gymkhana and that day would work for me.  Actually that is one of the few days in September that I'm not already booked for something else.

springer

Well the date works for me.  ;) Not sure about the location. For a full Gymkhana a lot of room is needed. Really not sure a city street would be wide enough. Room is needed to go from one course to another without riding through or close by a course.  Example; the "Circle of Trust" would be the first course we would put a new or inexperienced rider through. You want enough room around that course that the rider can ride on the outside too. ( Personally, I find it easier for them to ride on the outside first and as they get comfortable, move them inside. ) That is about a city block in width. So riders going to other courses might have to ride on the sidewalk. Something a business might not be happy about on a Saturday.  Same thing for the GP8 and any other course we setup. (The circle of Trust and GP8 would take up most of a city block I would think as some room has to be left for riders to line up to get in and oopsy daisy run off room)

That is a good thing about a parking lot. Length and width are usually good, just have to plan out for the light poles.

It would be nice if Buzz could take a look-see at the place.

That is my 2 cents.........

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

They've got a sizeable parking lot behind the business and the side street it's on is as wide as two streets, seems like, to me.   We might have to sweep the parking lot, but it seems to me that there would be enough room. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

LawnmowerRG

The only thing on the street is Windstream Leeds and a church on one side. Then a field on the other.
Keep in mind I have done a few of these Springer.

Ok the street is about 45ft wide and one city block.

We can do the circles of trust in the parking lot behind the shop

We also could use this parking lot also. I was loosing light but that is a Roadtech grinder in the lot and there is more asphalt in a loop off of it. Used to be a Bank there.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

Oh hell, thats bigger than a street.  :)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Oh, and keep in mind Lawny, you asked for opinions and thoughs.......I gave you mine.

The Bikle Shop

So i will see about getting permit to shut the street down this week.

Buzz

Looks good. Lets make it happen.  We can work around any size and rough pavement.

LawnmowerRG

No problem Springer.
I know you didn't know the street. Or the fact that there are two parking lots.
Our lot is in pretty bad shape. But 2 circles shouldn't be a problem.

IceCold4x4

I may or may not make it depending if i go to montana that friday for work, but If i'm in down I'd def be up for this.

Chitza

Have we decided to do this? Any word from the city of Leeds?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

Quote from: Chitza on August 25, 2017, 05:30:30 PM
Have we decided to do this? Any word from the city of Leeds?
I would say give them time to decide.  :) After all they are politicians...........acting all important -n- such.  :D

LawnmowerRG

We are 85% there.
Approval by 2 on the council and the Mayor.
We need to talk to the Street department next week.
As far as we are concerned on our end it's a go.

Though we do have to go through the proper Channels.

springer