5th Annual "Nowhere To Be, and All Day To Get There" ride. November 17-19

Started by Al Goodwin, September 16, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Rain or Shine, Cold or Hot.....It's ON.

Route Details to come after some scouting rides. 

WHERE:  377 County Road 1286
               Vinemont, Al. 35179

We'll have breakfast for everyone that Saturday morning, usually bacon and pancakes. 

Lunch to be determined.

Saturday night...BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) We'll throw whatever we have on the grill that night.

ALSO, The highlight of the weekend, screening of "Little Fauss and Big Halsey" on the BIG screen outside Saturday night. 

We'll have a bonfire, and also a fire pit to stand around and tell, true stories ONLY :lol-049: :lol-049:

We'll call SAUSAGE FEST Friday night if anyone comes to campout that night.  Stock up on Conecuh, and any other sausage you might want to try.

Adult beverages ARE allowed on Friday and Saturday nights...frowned upon at lunch Saturday... :DANCING-banana-032:

Pictures and more details to follow whenever I'm finished with these 20 days straight at work. :crazy: :crazy:

Fencejumper09

Going to be a good one as usual! I hope a few more people show up to camp than the last couple years!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Bamagator

Count me in.  I'll plan on camping Saturday pm as well.  Thx for leading this!

GS Noob

Al Goodwin

Quote from: GS Noob on September 27, 2017, 08:25:06 AM
Any water crossings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we ride up into southern middle Tennessee, YEP....If we do a "dead-end" tour of Bankhead, nope.

David DoubleEX

What kind of riding is this gentlemen? I have a  V Strom 1000 that is just for road use and a WR426 that is street legal but not very fun over 60/on highways. I am in Scottsboro so that is an easy hour an a half on the Strom but it would be a bit different on the WR.

jrobinson

I'll be on a 86 Honda 250. Top speed with me on it is 60.  I'll be hauling the bike to the start point.

There may be some mud and maybe some water crossings, depending on which way Al goes.

GS Noob

Quote from: David DoubleEX on September 29, 2017, 01:54:04 PM
What kind of riding is this gentlemen? I have a  V Strom 1000 that is just for road use and a WR426 that is street legal but not very fun over 60/on highways. I am in Scottsboro so that is an easy hour an a half on the Strom but it would be a bit different on the WR.
Big bike friendly. Al usually rides 2-up on a worn-out KLR650 and does just fine. Having a semi-knobbie tire will help, but not necessary if you ride conservatively.

aliensandexiles@gmail.com

If I can talk someone into buying my Vulcan so that I can buy a KLR, I might make it...

David DoubleEX

I am thinking I will try to make it if I still have my WR by then. I just put it up for sale ($2,300 if you want it)

Anyone coming from near Scottsboro? I don't have a truck.

If I sell the WR, there isn't much I can do as the V Strom is all street, no dirt. If I ride the WR, it would be nice to trailer it. Also, it will just be day trip rides right? The WR can't carry anything for overnight (again why i want to trailer.)

Thanks guys.

Fencejumper09

Yes, for this ride we typically camp at Al's place and ride during the day getting lunch somewhere along the route. We return to camp to cook dinner and watch a movie or football!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 02, 2017, 01:36:05 AM
I am thinking I will try to make it if I still have my WR by then. I just put it up for sale ($2,300 if you want it)

Anyone coming from near Scottsboro? I don't have a truck.

If I sell the WR, there isn't much I can do as the V Strom is all street, no dirt. If I ride the WR, it would be nice to trailer it. Also, it will just be day trip rides right? The WR can't carry anything for overnight (again why i want to trailer.)

Thanks guys.

I'm in Paint Rock Valley. I plan to haul my bike over on Saturday morning and come back on Saturday afternoon/evening. You're welcome to ride with me if you want.

GS Noob

gulfcoaster

Count me as tentative. If I can get off work that Friday I should be able to make it. Assuming you got parking space?  I'd most likely bring my DR 350 up in the back of the pickup as opposed to riding the 1190.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk