News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Swap Meet & Bama Rides Booth

Started by dredman, October 03, 2017, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dredman

Barber Vintage Festival is this weekend - Fri-Sun.  Ride your bike for easy parking.  There is TONS of stuff to see and do, and the 5 years that I have attended I have NEVER seen it all, I think it impossible?

So many folks have gotten lost over the years, and looked everywhere and could not find us . That should not happen this year.  Watch the video below, and come stop by the booth, and see what is going on.

A few videos to let you know what to expect in the Swap Meet Section.  We should have plenty of chairs, water, and maybe even a beer?  It is a lot of fun to hang out and meet folks you only know online, so come on by, pull up a chair and introduce yourself.

Al Goodwin

Are 3-day general admission tickets available at the Gate? Hampton Inn?

Ordering them on-line there's about $18 in fees. :thumb-down-012:

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Al Goodwin on October 05, 2017, 03:17:41 PM
Are 3-day general admission tickets available at the Gate? Hampton Inn?

Ordering them on-line there's about $18 in fees. :thumb-down-012:

I called.....tickets can be purchased the day of..

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

IceCold4x4

Chitza

Who can tell me what is FINALLY missing???
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

Brian A

Chitza

Chitza

Vintage 2017 is finally in the books. The event closed a day early due to unsafe weather conditions. I counted at least 8-10 vendors who didn't even show up due to the forecast. I suspect attendance to the event was significantly less than previous years, though I haven't seen any numbers. That didn't dampen the enthusiasm in the BamaRides booth. Well, not too much  :cool08:   We saw many members and had some good discussions.

Thanks to Rodney, Wayne and Don for your help with set up and making the logistics of our arrival run smoothly. Thanks to David, John, Ben, Allen, Melony, Tony, Landon, Clark and Ron for helping close out and pack up. You were indispensable. Thanks to every member who donated parts allowing us to make a little cash to keep BamaRides running. None of this would be possible without your generosity.

2smoke

IceCold4x4

Just got a few pictures apparently. Had a ball. Just wish the weather forecast would have cooperated for today. Really hasn't been bad so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

klaviator

Thanks everyone who set this up.  I had a great time hangin with the cool kids.  No excuses for not finding the Bamarides booth this year.

Fencejumper09

Big shout out to Chitza for the amount of work she puts into this event! It really is very nice to have a central location to hang out and relax for this event!

If you have never been, you need to go! This was only my second year and I don't plan to stop going!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332