Alabama Tourism Department - Media and Advertising for Ride Loops in Alabama

Started by Graham.Roderick ATD, October 13, 2017, 11:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham.Roderick ATD

Good day gentleman and ladies,

I am still trying to create some ride loops in Alabama that are worth doing. I have visited the discussion on ride loops and suggested rides that each one puts together. If at all possible i would love to meet with y'all again or a handful of y'all to put several routes together. Essentially you would just tell me the starting and ending point of the loop and all the cool things you can see and do as well as the restaurants y'all recommend. Also wanted to ask about publications that riders are familiar with. Our department would want to pay for some advertising in printed media to begin getting the loops out in to the public eye and across the globe. Looking for suggested magazines or other printed materials that would be beneficial for getting Alabama motorcycle loops out in the public's eye. Again my colleagues and i can put together the loops on a map, but without members and groups such as Bama Rides giving it their blessing the message doesn't carry weight. Ideally we would like to name drop Bama Rides and other groups in the printed material. Again my contact email is Graham.Roderick@tourism.alabama.gov and really enjoy reading the posts on here and enjoy learning about riding and the cool things that all of y'all see on your ride loops. One of these days someone will have to give me a lesson on how to ride so that i can join y'all and possibly do these loops myself instead of bugging y'all.

Thanks again for taking the time to meet with me and allowing me to be a part of Bama Rides.
Graham (Sugafree) R.

DachshundUberAlles

I can't believe that no one suggested that you check out 'Motorcycling Alabama: 50 Ride Loops Through the Heart of Dixie' by David Haynes. It breaks the State down into five areas.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Guidedawg

It IS an excellent resource, and he referenced it in his initial post on the site, though not in this particular thread.  So he does have a copy, but is looking for other input from riders here.