News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

A great loss in Mobile...

Started by Chuck & Susan, November 04, 2017, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck & Susan

Here is a link to a story about Mike Porter who lost 50 years of projects and antique bikes in a fire.  Luckily noone got hurt but loss $100K of bikes.

Prayers to the family.

http://wkrg.com/2017/11/03/breaking-fire-destroys-100k-worth-of-antique-motorcycles/
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

I saw this on the Vintage Bike site on FB. I hate to see this.

springer

Y'all remember a member on BR V1 called Magoo? (real name Tom). Well that was his brothers motorcycles that went up in flames. Had a LOT of really cool old bikes...of all brands.  :( Lost most of them in the fire.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

springer

Quote from: norton73 on November 17, 2017, 07:16:16 PM
???

:'(

Yea...I know...and to be honest with you, it is not the loss of the motorcycles that for me, is so bad.

It is the heartache I know he is going through. He has been an avid collector for MANY years.  :-[
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.