News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

How to Post a Picture

Started by scrappyjon, September 24, 2015, 07:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappyjon

Quote from: Argh Oh on September 28, 2015, 01:02:31 PM
If you left click on any of the images I've posted they enlarge on screen in the post. Is there a step I'm missing to get them to show on post at the enlarged size? I resized by pixel instead of file size in test section and same thing happens.  :-\

No I don't think so. If you can upload a picture to bamarides then you have the skills to upload one to a photo site.

I tried this one. I think it is built specifically for forums. I don't think you have to log in at all but if you don't log in then your picture will just go to digital data purgatory which is ok if you are going to store your pic on your computer anyway. 
http://postimage.org/
Just upload it like you would on the forum and then click copy to clip board on the hotlink for forum, paste it in the post and you're done.

upload image online

jrobinson

That's the way it is suppose to work. The attachment shows as a thumbnail until clicked.

Chitza

Keep in mind folks, if you post from a photo site, BamaRides does not have to "host" the photo. Keeping our database free of pic heavy memory requirements and thus more stable.

Also keep in mind I know NOTHING about databases or IT and I am talking out of my ass about what I think is correct 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

scrappyjon

Quote from: Chitza on September 28, 2015, 06:30:16 PM
Keep in mind folks, if you post from a photo site, BamaRides does not have to "host" the photo. Keeping our database free of pic heavy memory requirements and thus more stable.

Also keep in mind I know NOTHING about databases or IT and I am talking out of my ass about what I think is correct 8)

You are correct.

So many advantages of using a host other than our forum.

Slablog

This is a test.

Edit: Okay, it worked as planned, but is there a code to make it smaller in the post?

Let's try again

or...

I have a smart phone, but I am too impatient with all the tiny buttons, so I post mostly from my laptop or desktop. Sometimes from the iPad. This way is just easier for me.

GOT IT!  ... BB Code says to add the width right after the first image tag like this. Intentionally left off the outside brackets to show the structure.
img width=700]http://slablog.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Motorcycling/Tours/CalCoast2010/PattonMem1Med.jpg[/img
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

Nice Goat

Good job.  I wish everybody knew how to use the width parameter.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 29, 2019, 05:55:19 AM
Good job.  I wish everybody knew how to use that width parameter.
Is that for uploading photos from your phone or from a photo hosting site? Think I needs some ed-u-meh-cation on this.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

Quote from: springer on January 29, 2019, 02:20:44 PM
Is that for uploading photos from your phone or from a photo hosting site? Think I needs some ed-u-meh-cation on this.  ;)

Either one

Nice Goat

Quote from: springer on January 29, 2019, 02:20:44 PM

With PhotoBucket, they like to put URL tags around your IMG tag.  Just delete the URL and add width=800 after IMG but inside the bracket.  See the two screen shots below -- BEFORE and AFTER.