News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Scooting around Guntersville

Started by klaviator, November 12, 2017, 05:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

It was too nice of a day yesterday not to go for a ride.  I figured the leaves and scenery might be nice around Guntersville.  I also planned on meeting a rider from ADV there for lunch.

Heading over Green Mtn on the way down.

Just on the other side of Green Mtn.

I stopped in Guntersville and hung out a while at a park at the lakes edge on the west side of Guntersville.  I was hoping on getting a pic of the other rider as he came into town on 69.  I used the 50x zoom on my Sony since it was about a quarter mile or so shot.  Trying to capture a moving target at that range was harder than I thought it would be but I did get one shot.

These shost were a lot easier to get.

The rider goes by "heatery" on ADV.  He lives in Mobile and was do a loop around Alabama this weekend on his Vespa.  He just recently got back into riding after layoff of many years due to back surgery.  He is thinking about riding his Vespa out to Colorado next summer and wanted to do how he would do on a long trip.

We had lunch.

After lunch I led him on a little detour that was much more fun than just heading south on 431.

An over the shoulder shot while leaving Guntersville.

Some shots on Wyeth Drive.

klaviator

After Wyeth Drive we rode Wyeth mountain road and more back roads until we hit 431 in the middle of Albertsville.  We stopped and said good bye.  Heatery was headed south to hopefully find a camp ground around Mt Cheah and I was planning to go back and explore some new roads around Guntersville.  Those of you on the Gulf Coast might be interested in heatery's ride report exploring that area:  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/lower-alabama-la.1244014/

I rode back down Wyeth Mountain road which at this point had water rushing over part of it. I think the water tank on the mountain had sprung a major leak. I turned right on 227 and then left down a road that looked interesting on Google Maps. It was a dead end but a nice ride.

Some nice houses on this road.

Then I explored another road off of 227.

A few last pics on I-565 back in Huntsville.  The Saturn 5 at the Space and Rocket Center looks like it is about to lift off>

Approaching warp speed......

:bike-038:

Not bad for 155cc. Ignore the blurry pic, the scooter was perfectly smooth at that speed.

I finished up the ride at Logan's Roadhouse where I met Debbi and enjoyed a free Veteran's day dinner.

Fencejumper09

Great pictures as usual! Really digging his tool box!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332