You can't get rid of Reserector that easy

Started by Reserector, September 10, 2015, 03:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reserector

I'm willing to start fresh, if everyone else is. 
I'll add to this when I have a little time. 

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Reserector

Oh, man!  You're right!  And I had just earned my fourth ring.  DANG IT!!!

Reserector

I'm 52, and started riding a minibike when I was four.  My earliest memory as a child was riding on the tank of my mothers Hodaka Ace 100 at age two.
All through my childhood, I moved up through trail bikes.  Mostly Yamahas.  Got into enduro competitively around 1985.  Became friends with Ed Hertfelder (The Duct Tapes author), Frank Soltner, and the late Al Baker (XRs Only guy).  Got passed on the trail regularly by the Lafferty's, and got to meet some of the greats like Dick Burlson.  I made it to the top of B class on an IT200, and once ran my Maico 500, but that was just too much bike for the tight New Jersey trails.  Fun, but a bit much.

Fast forward to today;  I currently commute on a YZF600R.  I've put over 85,000 miles on it in the four years I've owned it, and have never been more pleased and impressed with a machine.  It has taken me on several long trips, as well.   Never a hiccup.

My youngest son is going to be a motorcyclist like me, so we agreed that I would train him up in the dirt before he even gets his M/C license.  We have an XT200 that he is learning on, and I bought a DRZ400 so I can ride right with him.

O.K., so we went with the short intro.  I've been on two motorized wheels for 48 years.  I don't know if you have enough bandwidth for all of my stories.  :p

klaviator

Welcome back!  85,000 miles in 4 years on your YZF600 is amazing.  I always thought it was one of the best all around sportbikes out there.

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

terryrussell1

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."