News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

Got out on both the big and little bikes a few times this week...

@Shepcam

KevinB

Did a combo pavement/gravel ride yesterday on the big bikes...even squeezed 'em onto the Cahaba Beach Rd. bridge. The entrance wasn't too bad, but the exit took some maneuvering to get those wide-a$$ GS's around.

Today, explored an old CCC road built in the 1930's and long abandoned. 

KevinB

Took the big bikes out to CWMA today. Everything was gated, so we hit the gas line to at least get some dirt on the tires...

Only one minor "Oops"...launched it over a water break coming up the hill.

And then some twisty pavement to find some pizza in Columbiana...

KevinB

Yesterday, I tooled around Wheeler NWR then rode over to Fort Bluff...

KevinB

Met some guys from the AL Dual Sport page on FB and followed them around TNF  today...

klaviator

BamaPhill

Trailered the DR to the Gulf Coast.  First day was mainly street riding.  Second day had more off road adventure.  Here's a few pics from my travels:

A friendly Longhorn that walked right up to the fence for a photo

St. Paul's Episcopal Church completed in 1901, located in Magnolia Springs.

Magnolia Springs is a very beautiful small community that reminds me of Mooresville, except with Live Oak trees and Spanish Moss

This is the Henry Stuart House, located in what is now Fairhope.  Built in 1925 by Mr. Stuart, named Tolstoy Park.  Located on 10 acres of land at the time of construction, it is now surrounded by office buildings.  More info here:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoy_Park

After an afternoon of riding in 90+ degree weather I stopped off for a sno-cone along the shore in Fairhope.

Day 2 I rode out to Fort Morgan

Mobile Bay view from the Ferry launch site

I then headed to an area called the Perdido Wildlife Management Area.  Stopped by the Roadkill Cafe in Elberta.

A small detour on a logging road.  Thundershower off in the distance, but I stayed dry for the most part with only a few sprinkles.

The Perdido WMA has many miles of gravel roads leading to multiple launch and beach sites along the Perdido River that separates Alabama from Florida.  This was one of the spring crossings

One of the several wooden bridge crossings

This is the Perdido River Canoe trail section of the Perdido WMA.  Nice place to hang out with friends, family and launch canoes/kayaks/

Nice to get out and explore on a Father's Day weekend.  Hope you all had a great Father's Day!

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

gulfcoaster

Quote from: BamaPhill on June 22, 2020, 01:42:52 PM
Trailered the DR to the Gulf Coast.  First day was mainly street riding.  Second day had more off road adventure.  Here's a few pics from my travels:

A friendly Longhorn that walked right up to the fence for a photo

St. Paul's Episcopal Church completed in 1901, located in Magnolia Springs.

Magnolia Springs is a very beautiful small community that reminds me of Mooresville, except with Live Oak trees and Spanish Moss

This is the Henry Stuart House, located in what is now Fairhope.  Built in 1925 by Mr. Stuart, named Tolstoy Park.  Located on 10 acres of land at the time of construction, it is now surrounded by office buildings.  More info here:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoy_Park

After an afternoon of riding in 90+ degree weather I stopped off for a sno-cone along the shore in Fairhope.

Day 2 I rode out to Fort Morgan

Mobile Bay view from the Ferry launch site

I then headed to an area called the Perdido Wildlife Management Area.  Stopped by the Roadkill Cafe in Elberta.

A small detour on a logging road.  Thundershower off in the distance, but I stayed dry for the most part with only a few sprinkles.

The Perdido WMA has many miles of gravel roads leading to multiple launch and beach sites along the Perdido River that separates Alabama from Florida.  This was one of the spring crossings

One of the several wooden bridge crossings

This is the Perdido River Canoe trail section of the Perdido WMA.  Nice place to hang out with friends, family and launch canoes/kayaks/

Nice to get out and explore on a Father's Day weekend.  Hope you all had a great Father's Day!

Awesome ride!!!  I miss it down there.  Perdido River WMA has some good riding.  It's been over a year since I've rode it, but some nice roads along the river.  Gotta watch out for the big gravel that they like to dump on those roads though.

klaviator

klaviator

Wheeler Wildlife Refuge this morning before it got too hot.

Yes, my bike is in this pic:

BamaPhill

Out riding around Bankhead National Forrest.  Small bridge crossing Borden Creek.

I went to visit my Grandmother's grave site located at Barnett Chapel located between Double Springs and Houston.  A sweet lady that I dearly miss. 

Heading back home on Sardis-Airport Road and came up on a bridge that looked to have a side road, so I decided to explore. 

Found this abandoned semi-collapsed steel truss bridge
2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

klaviator

BamaPhill

Quote from: klaviator on July 30, 2020, 08:52:30 AM
So, did you ride across the bridge?
Negative, my butt puckered just walking a few feet on it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

norton73

Quote from: BamaPhill on July 30, 2020, 09:34:08 AM
Negative, my butt puckered just walking a few feet on it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@Al Goodwin would have wheelied across it with Melony on the back!

:D
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Al Goodwin

Quote from: norton73 on July 30, 2020, 03:23:31 PM
@Al Goodwin would have wheelied across it with Melony on the back!

:D

That's funny....with Melony saying "I'll walk, please let me walk across"

LOL