**SOLD**2008 Mercury Mariner high mileage, looks good, cheap! $3500

Started by DonJuan, February 04, 2018, 11:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonJuan

It Sold before I got Pics posted.

Looks Good, high mileage. $3500. Blue book is about $4500, this car has all options except Nav and 4WD. Mercury Mariner Premier 3.0 V6.

Owned since new in 2008, back when Ford owned three American made auto brands. This is Mercury's version of a Ford Escape. It was my wifes commuter from 2008 til 2015. 188,000 miles. We lived in Corner and commuted to Irondale daily--- roughly 90 mile round trip. Burgundy paint is good considering the mileage. No mechanical issues that I'm aware of. That's not to say it couldn't have a major catastrophe tomorrow,  it has 188,000 miles on it.

Black Leather interior is in great shape. No tears or noticeable wear.  My wife takes care of her cars. So do I.  This would be a great car for a student, stay at home mom, grandma, mother in law, or Soccer mom.  However, there's not enough testosterone in this car for me to continue to subject myself to the daily emasculation that it provides, so I bought a Jeep. Since buying the Jeep I've lost 8 lbs and 2 inches off of my hips.

BFG Touring TA has 7000 miles on them
Brakes, struts/ shocks, and alignent at the same time as tires ( about $1500)
New widshield (2016) with no rock chips
Oil and wiper blades changed 2 weeks ago (choke! $90 at Express Oil)
Transmission serviced at factory recommended 150,000 mi interval

Although it has evaded me for 7 years there is also a 1ct diamond earring (singular) hiding somewhere in this car. If anyone buys it and finds said earring,  I'm offering a $100 bounty. I gave the earrings to my wife on our wedding night and a few years later one of them jumped out of her hands and fell presumably in the floorboard,  never to be seen again.

I'll post up pics of the car tomorrow.

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

yamahamer

DonJuan

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R