News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from Misti!

Started by Misti, June 05, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misti

Hi Everyone,

I'm Misti.  Coach with the California Superbike School, former AMA Pro road racer, mom of two little rippers and moto-journalist.  Just got home from 5 awesome days coaching in Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park. Just found this forum and thought I'd join and say hi.  I love chatting about riding skills and techniques and chatting with fellow riders. :)  Hello!!

Fencejumper09

Fantastic to have you here! I think you may have coached a few members!

(And probably penalized 1)

http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2898.0

edit:

We would love to see pictures of your motorcycles!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Welcome, Misti! Like FJ said, we love Moto pics! And there is always room for skills discussion!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kdtrull

Well....this is pretty cool.  Welcome.

LawnmowerRG

Hey Misti
Rodney here. I took L4 on Monday this year.
We had a couple other guys take L1.

You may remember me as the guy on the R12GS, or in previous years I have worn a Kilt to the track at Barbers.

Great to have you.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

Quote from: Misti on June 05, 2018, 12:56:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Misti.  Coach with the California Superbike School, former AMA Pro road racer, mom of two little rippers and moto-journalist.  Just got home from 5 awesome days coaching in Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park. Just found this forum and thought I'd join and say hi.  I love chatting about riding skills and techniques and chatting with fellow riders. :)  Hello!!

COOL! Maybe I can finally learn how to ride those darn things after all!  :D

Welcome to the site! Food, snacks, are on the right and the beer is in the fridge! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Mulley

Welcome aboard.

Hey Misti I remember you from your AMA run. I bet that was a blast and a ridiculous amount of hard work. I briefly stopped in at your pits at Barber that year. I'm friends with Jeffro, he had a lot of us cheering for you and Josh.

Full disclosure: I did use Google to refresh my memory. It's hard to believe that was ten years ago.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

bblass

Hi Misti!

My name is Ben and I was one of the L1 riders out at Barber last Monday. Thank you again for a terrific program! Everyone enjoyed it immensely and are looking forward to bringing a few new people with us next year.

Welcome to the forum!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

IceCold4x4

Yup another l1 student here. I was on the KTM sumo. Well run school. Glad to have ya drop in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Misti

Quote from: Chitza on June 05, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Welcome, Misti! Like FJ said, we love Moto pics! And there is always room for skills discussion!

Woohooo!  Pics :)

Here are a few from coaching at Barber.  Photos by Etechphoto.com

Misti

Quote from: Mulley on June 05, 2018, 04:41:17 PM
Welcome aboard.

Hey Misti I remember you from your AMA run. I bet that was a blast and a ridiculous amount of hard work. I briefly stopped in at your pits at Barber that year. I'm friends with Jeffro, he had a lot of us cheering for you and Josh.

Full disclosure: I did use Google to refresh my memory. It's hard to believe that was ten years ago.

Yay!!  That was a blast and a ridiculous amount of hard work!  You guys were all awesome at Barber when I raced there.  I had SO MUCH FUN and it's one of my favourite tracks ever!!  I too can't believe that was 10 years ago!!  I have a kid that just turned 9 that is racing already!  YIKES. 

You guys said you wanted pictures  ;D ;D ;D

Misti

Quote from: Chitza on June 05, 2018, 01:23:35 PM

Here are a few more from Barber coaching with CSS!!  Glad to see several students on this forum!!  WOOT.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

IceCold4x4

Yup. That's really cool get them started early!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Misti

Yea!  Love watching the kids ride and learn.  My 6 year old girl was ripping it up on the dirt track yesterday.  I wish I started at 4 years old instead of 24!  Awesome!