Main Menu

Cove Rally, September 14-16

Started by MsSGriff, June 07, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Cove Rally

MsSGriff

Background Information 

This is a follow on event to the previous Rally in the Valley. I just want to say thank you to Johnny for hosing this event for years. It has been a wonderful event full of fun times and good people. With that being said, John (Griff) and I have decided to take up the torch this year and host Cove Rally. This new event will be held in the same general area (as the crow flies) as the previous Rally in the Valley.

On Saturday, we will have a street ride and a dual sport bike ride. Any style bike will be welcomed on either ride, but the dual sport may be a little much for an adventure bike...it depends on bike and rider. The dual sport ride will more than likely be a more technical ride. I'll defer to John on the details of the dirt ride. klaviator, Win, has graciously agreed to lead the street ride.

What ---- Ride, Camp, eat, sit around the bonfire and tell tall stores. You are welcome to participate in any or all of the weekend's festivities.

Where --- Camping at 1160 Sharps Cove Road Gurley, AL 35748. If you are familiar with the area, it's closer to New Market than Gurley. Use your google Maps.

Riding ---  Street Ride - Generally the Roads of Northeast Alabama and Parts of Tennessee, but with Win leading it may be wherever the road takes you.
                Dual Sport Ride - Route to be determined
                Off Road - Holly Tree Off Road Park is just up the road.

When --- September 14-16 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Cost --- Member of forum - free

I will need to get a head count. Let me know when you will be at camp and which ride you plan to participate in. We will provide dinner Friday and Saturday night, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday. If you want to ride over and eat without camping, that's OK too.

BYOB - This event is now in Madison County which is not a dry county...so we can always take a vehicle down the road to the store.

We will have a shower/bathroom available. I can provide Soap and Towels.

We have 5 acres total. 3 acres are great for tents. There are some trees if you want to bring a hammock you are welcome to, but I suggest bringing it as a backup. We do not have abundant tree availability. There are a couple of couches and plenty of floor space if you want to sleep in the house.

John, Win, Johnny...Let me know if I forgot anything. 

klaviator

As we get closer to the date we can post the start time for the rides so those not camping will know what time to show up.

norton73

Currently the calendar shows me off that weekend, so it looks good for Lynn and I.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

griff

I think MsSGriff got everything right in the first post. I think we should try to roll out for the rides at 9:00 am. That should give anybody that's not camping enough time to get to our place and if we stay up late by the campfire we should be able to have dragged ourselves out of bed before then.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

renchinrider

I'll be up in South Dakota to see the Motorcycle Cannonball pass thru at that time, but I'll share this invitation with the vintage motorcyclists--some may opt to join in! :)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

alabamatoy

Everyone attending this event needs to be alert for the dangerous shop-cat which lurks on premises.  It will stealthily make its way onto the top of your head and proceed to suck your brains out.

Seriously, I am going to do my best to be there.  Dont plan to camp, though.

kylepeterson

camp n ride n fun! which bike to bring is the question!

griff

I do not plan on taking everybody up the stairs of mordor again. I'll try to make it 650 friendly. Then again I was on an xr650 on the stairs. We will have more backroad and a bit of highway riding. I don't know that we can really do a lunch stop. Is ever body ok with packing something to eat?
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Frank Smith

Count me in, not camping (I live up the street). Want to do the DS ride. Did this one last weekend.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

kylepeterson

I'm going to spam all my dirt bike friends with this... hoping I can convince some of them to
a) tag their dirt bike
b) experience super cool kids camping n riding
c) sneaky sneak convince them to join moal, without realizing ;-)

Frank Smith

Griff,

Seeing that I live down the street, I can bring 15-20 lbs of smoked pork! I'll also smoke some kielbasa. Let me know which day to bring it.     
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

Anyone coming who is planning on going on the street ride?