News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Walls of Jericho nearby dirt roads

Started by marquez7890, June 14, 2018, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquez7890

Has anyone ridden or know anything about the the dirt roads near the walls of Jericho? I want to check them out but I don't want to trespass either.

Also what about the area between Hollytree and Skyline?

kdtrull

I got all kinds of lost on some trails east of 79/16 a few years ago.  I think it's all private/leased riding area.  CMRA - Cumberland Mountain Riders Association.  Once I got completely lost, there were CMRA signs everywhere...but no signs where I started.  It was a long time ago...I could be wrong on the exact location.  I stepped on a snake.  Butthole tried to bite me.  I got rattled.  And, I could not get out of there quick enough.  But I do think the CMRA guys host an open invitational every year or so.

marquez7890

I joined Cmra yesterday and I'm waiting for my packet to be mailed to me before I go. I'm pretty excited.

jrobinson

both areas are gated and watched closely.

Be warned, there are a lot of good people in the Valley, but unfortunately there are some that still think like it's 1940's.  Please watch your back, marquez.

kylepeterson

cmra is awesome. contact them, they're very helpful!
just give 'er the berries !

Hammerdown77

If I'm not mistaken, the CMRA land is co-leased with a hunting club/organization, is it not? Co-worker of mine used to be a member and ride up there a lot, but said once the hunt club started buying up property it became too much of an inconvenience. I thought all that stuff was closed during hunting season as well.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Hammerdown77

Quote from: jrobinson on June 14, 2018, 09:09:25 PM
both areas are gated and watched closely.

Be warned, there are a lot of good people in the Valley, but unfortunately there are some that still think like it's 1940's.  Please watch your back, marquez.

Lots of good places to hide bodies up there as well. And meth.

Allegedly.
2016 BMW R1200 GS

griff

CMRA is an awesome place to ride. I think it's 17,000 acres. There's over a hundred miles of singletrack in the area. Some of it's pretty tough. There's approximately 100 miles of atv/jeep trails in the area as well. The ride down into Grey's Cove is pretty cool.

The area east of Hwy 79 in Skyline is the WMA. It's gates are locked except two weeks before and after hunting season. It's got miles and miles of dirt roads but the rangers are apparently giving out tickets if you are up there and not hunting due to the sxs crowd tearing up the place and throwing trash.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

jrobinson

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on June 15, 2018, 06:40:30 AM
Lots of good places to hide bodies up there as well. And meth.

Allegedly.

The meth cookers will have that in broad daylight. I'd be more concerned about finding somebody's "crop" than meth in the mountains.

There are several sink holes that would make good hiding places for anything you didn't want the law to find.

marquez7890

Thanks for all the replies and I'll just stick to Cmra  ???

Hammerdown77

Quote from: jrobinson on June 15, 2018, 08:10:24 AM
I'd be more concerned about finding somebody's "crop" than meth in the mountains.

Had that happen to me once while riding my bicycle in a remote area near Monterey,TN (I was going to school in Cookeville at the time). Stopped at the side of the road and wandered into the woods trying to find a good spot for a "natural break" when I was confronted by a couple of gents with AK's. Suddenly, the whole bathroom situation took care of itself.
2016 BMW R1200 GS

marquez7890

I went out to Cmra this morning and I did loop one. It was awesome and long, it took me 2.5 hours to complete it.

griff

Loop 2, leaves out the other side of the parking lot, is really good as well. It mostly stays on the top side. Loop 3 is had gotten very difficult last time I rode it. Being kinda wet didn't help with the rocky climbs at all.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

marquez7890

Quote from: griff on June 18, 2018, 08:04:08 AM
Loop 2, leaves out the other side of the parking lot, is really good as well. It mostly stays on the top side. Loop 3 is had gotten very difficult last time I rode it. Being kinda wet didn't help with the rocky climbs at all.

I'm going back Wednesday to do loop 2 and 3.
Do you know where the other unmarked trails start?

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: marquez7890 on June 17, 2018, 02:12:30 PM
I went out to Cmra this morning and I did loop one. It was awesome and long, it took me 2.5 hours to complete it.

.   And that's the short loop?   ;)
R1200R
CRF450L