News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New member in northeast Alabama

Started by Bama_Rider, June 25, 2018, 07:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama_Rider

Hi from Rainsville.   Moved here from way up in the northeast about two months ago.    Been exploring Bama and Georgia backroads whenever I get time and it's not raining. 60 years old, been riding for 40 years.

Rides:

2003 Ducati 800SS (smooth and twisty roads, still looking for the best places to ride this.)
2012 Yamaha FJR1300 (350 miles of two lane backroads, sleep, repeat)
2015 Honda CB500X (just got this as my county road commando. A pure joy for exploring the barely paved and dirt farm roads that abound near me.)

lazeebum

norton73

Welcome from Springville.

We have the same problem, finding smooth fast roads to ride the Nortons and the Ducati Monster. My wife and I end up riding dual sports mostly because of the road conditions and the opportunity to go down almost any road we want.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

KevinB

Welcome to the forum...nice collection!

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Sweeper

You'll find some rides here. Hope you have better luck joining them than I have. I'm working on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrobinson

Welcome from Jackson County. I live in Paint Rock Valley and work in Scottsboro.

Holler when you're ready to ride.

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Birmingham!

Now that is a great well-rounded stable of bikes!

Hope to see you out there!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

Welcome Bama Rider! Grab a coke and chips from the kitchen, then make yourself at home!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Bama_Rider

Quote from: norton73 on June 25, 2018, 07:27:23 PM
Welcome from Springville.

We have the same problem, finding smooth fast roads to ride the Nortons and the Ducati Monster. My wife and I end up riding dual sports mostly because of the road conditions and the opportunity to go down almost any road we want.

I have a sister in Springville, my first bike was a 72 Combat Commando.

Guidedawg

springer

Quote from: Bama_Rider on June 26, 2018, 11:25:31 AM
If you would tell us a little more about yourself, bikes you have owned, and now own?

Got a feeling this would be an interesting tale.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

norton73

Quote from: Bama_Rider on June 26, 2018, 11:25:31 AM

My first Norton was a '72 Combat with a few Dunstall parts.   

My first bike was a 71 350 Ducati.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Bama_Rider

Quote from: springer on June 26, 2018, 01:44:39 PM
If you would tell us a little more about yourself, bikes you have owned, and now own?

Got a feeling this would be an interesting tale.  ;)

You asked for it, you got it.   See link below.  Actually I like to write.  Maybe we should start a "tell us your motorcycle history" thread.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-2tkF6qyt32q50Quk32q22sC5oW9KglMc8cjN5MUj0/edit?usp=sharing

Fencejumper09

Quote from: Bama_Rider on June 26, 2018, 10:50:34 PM
You asked for it.  Actually I like to write.  Maybe we should start a "tell us your motorcycle history" thread.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-2tkF6qyt32q50Quk32q22sC5oW9KglMc8cjN5MUj0/edit?usp=sharing

Great Idea! I think a couple of people have done just that under the Open Discussions tab!

Feel free to start a thread and tell your tale! Lots of people here like stories and pictures!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332