News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hi from Huntsville

Started by ctag, July 04, 2018, 02:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctag

Nice to meet you. I'm ctag, a novice rider up in the Huntsville area.

I started with a Virago 250 about two years ago.

I've since sold it, and now have an 86 Honda Magna that I like very much.

I'm looking forward to learning from the other members here!

springer

Welcome from Hueytown! Grab a cold beverage from the fridge and set on down with the gang. ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

jrobinson

Welcome from Jackson county.  Holler if you have any questions

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

Welcome from Scottsboro! I ride an 06 v Strom 1000.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

LawnmowerRG

Welcome those are 2 pretty nice picks for bikes there.
I have though the Virago 250 was way underrated for a long time.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

93redgt

I live in Arab so we are close ... that Magna looks really good..... let me know if you want to get a ride up soon

ka4pse

Welcome from the River Region. Nice Maggie you got. I see there that you got the fastest color that she came in.  I ride an '85 V65 Sabre, the blue one (fastest Sabre color there was :) ). Gotta love those old Honda V4's and they are wicked fast if you wanna be  ;D

Stewart
Slapout, Alabama
on Beautiful Lake Jordan
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

Guidedawg

KrisCook

Welcome from Birmingham!  I bet that little Virago was a super comfortable ride.  Glad to have you!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Birmingham! My college roommate had a very similar Virago in much worse shape!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  There will be a street ride this Saturday, come join us and meet some other local riders:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2987.0

ctag

Woah, I missed the email notification  :(

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on July 04, 2018, 07:23:00 PM
Welcome those are 2 pretty nice picks for bikes there.
I have though the Virago 250 was way underrated for a long time.
Thanks!
And I agree. Initially I wasn't very keen on this Virago, but it turned out to be an excellent bike to learn on, and I'm very glad to have had it.

Quote from: ka4pse on July 05, 2018, 05:48:20 AM
Welcome from the River Region. Nice Maggie you got. I see there that you got the fastest color that she came in.  I ride an '85 V65 Sabre, the blue one (fastest Sabre color there was :) ). Gotta love those old Honda V4's and they are wicked fast if you wanna be  ;D
Thank you! Ooh, Sabres are awesome; love the V4 platform so far  :)

Quote from: klaviator on July 11, 2018, 09:51:48 AM
Welcome from Huntsville.  There will be a street ride this Saturday, come join us and meet some other local riders:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2987.0
Thanks for inviting me!
I'd definitely like to go along; I've haven't ridden with a group before and it sounds like fun. I was planning on going to the Triumph meet going on at Two Wheels in Georgia Saturday, but maybe I can leave for that in the afternoon? I can't bring my bike with me, but I was planning to drive over and see the Triumphs (and Two Wheels, which I haven't visited before).

klaviator

Quote from: ctag on July 11, 2018, 01:51:06 PM
Thanks for inviting me!
I'd definitely like to go along; I've haven't ridden with a group before and it sounds like fun. I was planning on going to the Triumph meet going on at Two Wheels in Georgia Saturday, but maybe I can leave for that in the afternoon? I can't bring my bike with me, but I was planning to drive over and see the Triumphs (and Two Wheels, which I haven't visited before).

Two Wheels of Suches is an awesome place surrounded by fantastic roads.  I've been going there for nearly 30 years.  If you drive there you will regret being in a cage and not on your bike. 

If you go on the ride with us you will get to Suches pretty late.  I'm not sure trying to do both is a good idea.  There will be more rides around here in the future.  Just keep an eye on the Street Rides section of this forum.

Maybe you should think about stopping by the blue plate Cafe in the morning and meeting us then heading off to Suches.  There are normally some pretty cool bikes in the parking lot since the Vintage club meets there for breakfast.

ctag

Hrm. I'm no good at making decisions like these  :D

I've been to the breakfast meet the past couple weeks -- I'm Chris, the new guy who's been sitting at the far end -- and I think showing up for breakfast and then heading to Two Wheels of Suches sounds OK too. I just want to get at least *some* riding in this weekend.

I'm actually not sure how I'll ever get my bike over to Two Wheels. It's a four hour trip, and Maggie has a 75 mile range, which means I'll probably get stranded at some point.