News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cardo communcation

Started by Johnny Tobyone, July 13, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Tobyone

Heading to N.C mountains for a few days and going to try out a Cardo Smartpack unit with the mesh DMC ..suppose to work better than Blue tooth for connecting riders. You can leave group and return without having to pair back up and even days later. It will be my 1st helmet unit so hopefully I can get it going with only one evening to learn it and set it up/update the software etc.  You can Bluetooth to non Cardo riders also.  Sena has come out with similar on the 30K   Big discount on some Cardo units now.
R1200R
CRF450L

lastparrot

Thinking about switching myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

catang5oh

I just got my 30k's the other day. So far I like it, haven't been able to test mesh yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Tobyone

Update and in home test went well between the two supplied units..mesh was good so far  FM radio picks up good, phone etc.

Will see how on road trip goes. I have lots of wind noise with my windshield so I will try ear plugs and ear buds also
R1200R
CRF450L

catang5oh

Trying to get the mesh intercom vox settings to work, constantly cuts music down for intercom even when no one is speaking. I will get it.

lastparrot

Quote from: catang5oh on July 14, 2018, 08:41:18 PM
Trying to get the mesh intercom vox settings to work, constantly cuts music down for intercom even when no one is speaking. I will get it.

I have heard that the sena units have an issue with volume level.

- lastparrot

catang5oh

Volume seems fine except in mesh VOX mode with wife.

Fencejumper09

I know with the 20s I had to adjust the sensitivity. It is easiest done in the mobile app.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

lastparrot

I think both units are decent, i don't ride with many people but if i did have a core group whatever the group went with is most likely what i would do. (Yes, I know I admitted to not having friends, but those of you that know me understand I am sure)

- lastparrot

Johnny Tobyone

Riding in N.C. mountains Cardo pack talks worked good...sync units once in the Cardo DMC mesh and never have to reconnect even after turning units off and back on next day.  Calls etc range seemed fine...this is my 1st  comm unit though...I can say they are rated waterproof and I can attest to that true because we rode 1 hour through a torrential downpour without any problems (rest of the day was very nice

R1200R
CRF450L

catang5oh

The Sena has mesh intercom, it is a cool feature!

lastparrot

The sena us water resistant, i know lost one in the rain

- lastparrot

lastparrot

I really wish the mesh was a standard like bluetooth.  That way your unit wouldn't matter

- lastparrot

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: lastparrot on July 16, 2018, 09:12:36 PM
I really wish the mesh was a standard like bluetooth.  That way your unit wouldn't matter

- lastparrot
You can connect sena,etc with the group via bluetooth and still be in cardo mesh
R1200R
CRF450L

lastparrot

Yeah but mesh > bluetooth
Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on July 17, 2018, 03:01:00 PM
You can connect sena,etc with the group via bluetooth and still be in cardo mesh

- lastparrot