News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New in Calhoun county

Started by Truett, July 23, 2018, 08:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truett

Looking for info on motogymkhana. Who plans, runs them. When is the next one? My wife and I are avid autocrossers and would really like to try it out on our bikes.

Chitza

Welcome to Moto-AL, Truett! Keep an eye on the events and ride sections. Join us when you see something you like. There is a section for Gymkhana as well. We don't have one scheduled right now. It's just too hot to sit in a parking lot right now. We do occasionally throw down a last minute GP8.

Post some pictures of your rides and tell us about your riding!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kdtrull

Welcome from the great NW AL.

KrisCook

Welcome from Birmingham!  Like Chitza said, we'll have another gymkhana when it cools off.  Rear brakes get hot enough when it's COOL outside!  They really melt down when it's 90 degrees.
Glad to have you! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville!  I'm a touring/cruiser guy with a passion for vintage bikes of all kinds.

What kind of car do you autocross?  What kind(s) of bike(s) do you ride?  See you on the road!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

springer

Quote from: Truett on July 23, 2018, 08:26:14 PM
Looking for info on motogymkhana. Who plans, runs them. When is the next one? My wife and I are avid autocrossers and would really like to try it out on our bikes.

I would say in early fall. Where in the great state of Alabama do you live? If in Birmingham, I could put on a small Gymkhana, called a GP8, on say a Thursday night. Really any night, if y'all want to come out.  :D I can be persuaded to put down some cones just about anytime.  ;) It will not be a full on Gymkhana, but a taste of a big one.  ;) ;) 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.