News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello, moving soon

Started by velosix, August 13, 2018, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velosix

Hello, I expect to be moving in the next few months for work again, this time the destination is Birmingham.  Looking to learn more about the area, so I'll be lurking and doing a bit of posting over the next few months.

Mulley

Let me offer a premature welcome. I'm glad you found our forum. Post up with some bike pictures and let us know if you need anything.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

merc16

Welcome !!! B'ham area has a lot to offer. We even have a lil' motorcycle museum.
Justin

springer

Welcome to Motorcycle Alabama!

Quote from: merc16 on August 13, 2018, 03:23:56 PM
Welcome !!! B'ham area has a lot to offer. We even have a lil' motorcycle museum.

Yep, and it is a purty good-en!

Lotta great roads, pavement and dirt! Be sure to keep in touch!

Happy moving.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

jrobinson

Welcome from North Alabama. since Bham is only a hundred miles, I'm sure our paths will cross.

We have every style of riding here and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. Don't let the type of bikes that show up for a ride fool you. We are all riders, we just ride different bikes.

If you have any questions just holler.

mojo1

Welcome from Helena, just a little south of Bham.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville!  You'll see the majority of my posts in Vintage, though I still have an unfinished ride report dangling as well.  Look forward to meeting on the road!  Look forward to learning more about your bike(s) and riding interests!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

LawnmowerRG

Welcome from the Ham area. There is a lot in Birmingham. We have a few good places to eat. A bar or 4 as well a some decent micro brews. There's that race track and Moto Musseum thing over by me in Leeds. Some decent roads to ride. The there is a pretty dang good forum about all things motorcycle in Alabama, but you found that so your on to a good start.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

klaviator

Glad to see you found your way here.  Welcome!

Guidedawg

And here's a preemptive welcome from Montgomery, a bit further south.

velosix

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm typically on the road, although I'm looking forward to having more room in Birmingham, and adding a couple bikes to the fleet.  I've had 3 jammed into my tiny town home garage, and have trimmed down to 1.  I'm looking to add an ADV / dual-sport, but will wait until after I get moved.

Here's a couple shots of my weekend gig using my FJR

norton73

Welcome from Springville just up the road.

I have done some marshalling/official/photogragher hauling in a few bike races and triathalons in the past.

Where are you moving from?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

velosix

Quote from: norton73 on August 22, 2018, 07:00:03 AM
Welcome from Springville just up the road.

I have done some marshalling/official/photogragher hauling in a few bike races and triathalons in the past.

Where are you moving from?

I'm coming from the DC metro area

KevinB

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you on a ride once you get moved and settled in.

norton73

Quote from: velosix on August 23, 2018, 07:08:55 AM
I'm coming from the DC metro area

We moved here from Frederick MD in 04.

Still have a bunch of friends up that way. I end up with a house full during Barber Vintage Fest.
Loose nut holding the handlebars