News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

SOLD - 1995 Suzuki DR125SE

Started by Nice Goat, August 14, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

1995 Suzuki DR125SE

Bought this bike to teach my daughter about motorcycle repair and maintenance and to teach her how to ride.  We spent a lot of time going over everything on this bike.  This bike now runs perfectly.  Only has ~3,100 miles --- has many more trouble-free miles and years left in her.

- All fluids have been changed
- All bearings and pivot points have been cleaned and greased
- New brake pads and brake fluid
- Forks were disassembled and cleaned and new seals and dust guards installed
- Carburetor cleaned and rebuilt using new internal parts (needle, jets, screws, o-rings, etc.)
- New Yuasa battery
- Converted headlight, tail/brake light, and turn signals to LED (complete with diode kit and new flasher relay)
- New handlebars, handguards, grips, etc.
- New tires and tubes

With a top speed of about 50 mph, this bike is ideal for putting around town/farm/dirt roads.  It is perfect for teaching somebody how to ride without any worries about them injuring themselves.  Would also be nice on the back of an RV traveling the country.

Negatives:
- Dent in the gas tank on the right side.
- Brake light works intermittently.
- Scratches on the swingarm where the passenger pegs were rubbing (before I removed them).

Price:  $950

Clean, clear Alabama title in my name.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

TWJohn

Trade you a back massage and a worn out air compressor? J/K I can't believe nobody has taken it yet.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Nice Goat

I think that @klaviator  is onto something about small bikes ... this thing is a lot of fun.

klaviator

This bike would be perfect for a street rider wanting to give dual sport/dirt riding a try.  It would also be a great bike for someone to learn on.  And we all know that any bike owned by Nice Goat will be in excellent condition.