Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport Ride - Monday, Oct. 8

Started by KevinB, August 21, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

When: Wednesday, Aug. 22  Monday, Oct. 8

Where: Talladega Nat'l Forest

I'm going to haul the KTM to Coleman Lake in TNF...should be there @ 9:30am. I'll be making a loop to Cedartown for lunch, exploring dirt roads and anything else that looks interesting along the way (maybe @ 2 hours each direction).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Coleman+Lake/@33.7819337,-85.5648685,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x888afee03b46c20f:0x50ccb10a0a5724c1!8m2!3d33.7827848!4d-85.560245

KevinB

Ride postponed...

Halfway there and just realized I left my boots at home. Maybe try again next week...

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

springer

Dang, hate to hear that.  :(

But look on the bright side...I spent the morning cutting grass so I would say your day has been better than mine.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Gam

Ugh. That's  the kind of thing I do, I've gone climbing and forgot the rope; canoeing and forgot the paddles, backpacking and forgot my tent poles.  If my riding gear gets back from Idaho ( ups has it) in time, I may try to join you, I know all dirt around Cedartown.

norton73

Quote from: Gam on August 22, 2018, 03:33:56 PM
Ugh. That's  the kind of thing I do, I've gone climbing and forgot the rope; canoeing and forgot the paddles, backpacking and forgot my tent poles.  If my riding gear gets back from Idaho ( ups has it) in time, I may try to join you, I know all dirt around Cedartown.

You forgot the ride report from Idaho...

:D
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Gam

marquez7890

Quote from: KevinB on August 22, 2018, 09:17:50 AM
Ride postponed...

Halfway there and just realized I left my boots at home. Maybe try again next week...

Are you going next Wednesday?

KevinB

If there's some interest, we can do it this Wednesday.

KevinB

Just discovered my rear wheel bearings are shot...probably won't have a chance to work on it by this Wednesday.

marquez7890

Okay and where do you park when you go? I use a Honda Civic to tow and I'm just wondering if the parking spot is easily accessible.

KevinB

I parked at the Ranger station at the intx. of FS500 / US78 last time I went. I was going to use the parking lot at Coleman Lake next trip.

FS500 to Coleman Lake should be doable in a Civic...it's a well graded gravel road. Google Maps shows it quicker for me to use Co. Rd. 61 north from US78...don't know what type of road it is, though.

marquez7890

Okay and if go on another Wednesday let me know and I'll try to join youyou.

KevinB

I'm off this coming Monday and will give this ride another shot.

jrobinson

I'm off Monday. If I can get my 4 day project done in 3. I may be interested. Maybe my DS will start.