News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New from Auburn

Started by island_boy, October 03, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

island_boy

Howdy, just found the forum and site.

I'm from Auburn, been back in that town since 2015.  Bought my '92 BMW K100RS16v off of ebay, from Charlotte.  Paid a guy from Dothan to go up there and bring it back to me, dropped it right in the driveway.

It's currently nearing 114k miles, set up for long distance (iron butt) riding. 

I'm planning on attending the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival this weekend, so hopefully will be able to find your table and say hello.

If anyone is around Auburn, just look for the K-bike and say hello.

All washed up and ready to ride after a new fuel line installed.

Bags back on and ready for Barber.

jrobinson

Welcome from the Huntsville area. Good looking bike.

Is this your first bike? How long you been riding?

Watch the Rides section and jump in any rides or events. We don't care what you ride, we just want you to ride.

Holler if you have any questions.

springer

Quote from: island_boy on October 03, 2018, 01:52:29 PM
Howdy, just found the forum and site.

I'm from Auburn, been back in that town since 2015.  Bought my '92 BMW K100RS16v off of ebay, from Charlotte.  Paid a guy from Dothan to go up there and bring it back to me, dropped it right in the driveway.

It's currently nearing 114k miles, set up for long distance (iron butt) riding. 

I'm planning on attending the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival this weekend, so hopefully will be able to find your table and say hello.

If anyone is around Auburn, just look for the K-bike and say hello.

All washed up and ready to ride after a new fuel line installed.

Bags back on and ready for Barber.

@island_boy            We are in the swap meet, row K spaces 9-13. Stop by and say hello!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

island_boy

Quote from: jrobinson on October 03, 2018, 02:16:07 PM
Welcome from the Huntsville area. Good looking bike.

Is this your first bike? How long you been riding?

Watch the Rides section and jump in any rides or events. We don't care what you ride, we just want you to ride.

Holler if you have any questions.

Thanks!  I've been riding my whole life, but have only owned 2 of my own bikes, listed in my updated profile.

I bought this K-bike in 2015.  I was looking for a middleweight cruiser, Honda Shadow 750, Silverado 650, Harley 883...  and found this on ebay for $1750.  High mileage, but it's a runner, and it's been built to go long distances (iron butt).  So far I love it, it's part sport bike, part cruiser/tourer...  abs, heated handgrips, it's got all that I need (for now).

I'll have to look at the rides section and meet up w/ some of y'all.  Can't wait.

KevinB

Welcome to MC-AL!

Awesome looking Beemer...hope to see you on a ride soon.

LawnmowerRG

Wel if you're going to have 2 bikes those are not bad choices.
Good looking brick.
Welcome to the MA.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

wavyspike

Hey welcome from Auburn. I just moved down here from Birmingham last year. Looking forward to seeing you around town!
-Chris

kdtrull

Welcome from the top-left corner.  Nice ride....114k and ticking!

Guidedawg

Welcome from just down the road in Montgomery!

island_boy

Good to meet y'all today.  Wavyspike, man, I just missed you somehow.  Let's meet up in Auburn!

wavyspike

Ha yep I figured that would happen! I'll be on the lookout for you around town. Let's meet up sometime.
-Chris

renchinrider

Greetings from Huntsville.  I did an ironbutt back in June.  Look forward to riding with you anytime we're in the same area!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!