Junkyard Dog Ride 10/21/2018 rainout ride

Started by polarissalesman, October 15, 2018, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

polarissalesman

Junkyard Dog Ride, Sun. 10/21

I will be hosting the JDR 10/21/18 8:30 leaving MotorSportsSuperStore in Hamilton. KS up at 8:30... for the northern riders we will stop at the EXXON gas station on HWY 72 East of the Natchez Trace , we should be there between 10:00 & 10:15 we can meet you there.... PLEASE post up if you are planing to attend  and where you will meet us at by the Thursday before the ride as I will need a head count for reservations. Route will be back roads to Natchez trace to Collinwood, Tn then Hwy 13 up....still working out finale details on the ride.IF you have never been to Junkyard Dog it is a great place to eat.....If you have any questions please ask...
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

I'll be out of town this weekend, Donny ... otherwise I would be on this ride.

For everybody else, if you've never ridden to Junkyard Dog Cafe, it's an excellent lunch at a decent price.  The atmosphere and the waitresses are the best!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

Frank Smith

I wanna go! I would like to meet up with @klaviator on his way to the Exxon.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Disregard me, I just got relegated to house building planning (home is currently under construction and we are at a critical phase) on Sunday morning. I might can meet you all at the restaurant as it's only two hours straight shot, but my early morning is out. 
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

2372ighost

I went to put this on my calendar and realized I have a previous meeting that I can't miss. 😩
Enjoy!!
Maybe next time.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

polarissalesman

looks like there are 8 bikes and 15 riders if every1 shows......

klaviator

polarissalesman

yes it will .... it was last year too.... but with right clothing it will be a welcome after the long HOT summer

mojo1

I'm running behind I will catch up probably at the Exxon
GREG
06 FZ1

klaviator

It was COOOOLD this morning.  It wouldn't have been that cold but I couldn't find my electric vest :'(  I got to the Exxon early but they didn't have any gas so I went back the Cherokee and got some.  By the time I got back the group was there.

We took the Natchez Trace to Collinwood where we got off and took back roads to Howenwald.  I took a few pics on the go.

The next few were on 99 which is a great road.

The leaves were stating to change.

klaviator

Lunch was at the Junkyard Dog.  The way the other riders were talking you would think that we just did a lap of the Isle of Mann at racing speeds.  Donny set a good pace but we really weren't going all that fast.  Except for Donny's wife and me, none of the other riders had been on a ride with Donny. 

Anyway, lunch was good.

And it's a cool place.

Heading back we took 99 to 241 which was a nice road.

klaviator

The group got on the Parkway from 241, I went straight on 241.  It wasn't that great of a road after it passed the Parkway.  The land just flattened out.  I took 241 to 240 to 242 and I'm not sure after that.  I ended up in Lawrenceburg.  I took 64 east for a while then got off on some back roads.  I zigged and zagged on narrow and mostly bumpy little back roads for what seemed like a few hours.  It wasn't that long but just seemed that way because I had no idea where I was.  Eventually I came out on a main road (one with a centerline) and headed home.

A few pics.

Most of the roads were rougher than the ones pictured and had no marking on them.

Despite the cold it was a good day to get out and ride.  Thanks Donny for putting this ride together.  There's some great roads up in that area.  I need to get out and explore some.

mojo1

Hate I missed y'all . I made it to the Exxon at 10:10. I must have just missed you, so I decided to just go visit my sister that lives just about a mile off the trace just before the Tennessee line.
GREG
06 FZ1