News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2019 Is the LAST Rolling Thunder

Started by renchinrider, December 12, 2018, 04:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone,

I hate to share sad news during the festivities of the Holidays, but if I don't share this now, I'll forget to send it out later.  Please see all below, sent out by Matt Danielson... :'(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad News in the Motorcycling Community
The 32nd Annual Rolling Thunder Ride to DC will be the Last
December 12, 2018

It has come to our attention that the upcoming 32nd Annual Rolling Thunder Ride to DC (Run to the Wall), which has been held every Memorial Day weekend since 1987, will be the last.  This morning I spoke with Pete Zaleski, Vice President of Rolling Thunder, Inc., who confirmed that what we had heard was true.  We are told that the difficult decision to end the annual event was due to a number of reasons.  One was the expense of putting on the event.  Another we are being told was pressure from the Pentagon Police Department.  The Pentagon parking lot is the  staging area for the ride.

We have been told that Rolling Thunder, Inc. will continue to be active, and will continue its work on behalf of POW/MIAs, veterans, and active duty military.  However, if you have always wanted to take part in the Annual Ride to DC, you may want to book your rooms now.  2019 will be your last chance.

Matt Danielson
McGrath, Danielson, Sorrell & Fuller
The Motorcycle Law Group
1-800-321-8968
Motorcyclelawgroup.com :'(
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!