News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New member introduction

Started by ladylikeloser, January 22, 2019, 12:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylikeloser

Hi, everyone!

I'm originally from central Mississippi and have only lived in Northeast AL. for about 4 years now. I'm about an hour out of Birmingham and fairly new to the bike community! I've had my bike for all of 4 months and I'm having quite a hard time branching out of my comfort zone as far as traveling out of my town and meeting like-minded bikers are concerned. 

I grew up riding dirt bikes with my younger brother, so I'm not a complete stranger to two-wheels, though I did fall off the sport for many, many years before getting my street bike back in September. I can't wait to really get into the community, especially with prime riding weather just around the corner!  :D

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  Activity will pick up as the weather warms up.  Hope to see you an a ride soon.

Brian A

Glad to have you here.

When spring weather rolls around there will be opportunities to hook up with other riders and get out for a day. Some good folks here. I expect it will make it a bit easier to expand your comfort zone.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome to the group. Enjoy the ride and ride your own pace. (Think I have heard that a few times)

Susan and I are from Lower Alabama but we get up that way from time to time.

Enjoy!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery.  Don't be in a rush...explore your area and you'll have plenty of time to find meet ups and rides!

springer

Welcome to the site ladylikeloser! Glad to have you in the group! Have a seat by the fire, we were just talking about motorcycles.  :D

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

ladylikeloser

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, everyone! I'm glad to have found such a welcoming community!

I ride a black and red 2018 CBR300R. I haven't seen another one on the road in my area like it yet, so if anyone is ever up near Oneonta/Springville, we just might see each other around!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TFancher

Welcome from Tuscaloosa. This is the place if you are looking to find people that love motorcycles and all things related. You won't find a better group of friends.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

ladylikeloser

I can already tell! Everyone here is already much more warm and welcoming than other groups I've come across. I can't wait to start meeting everyone and enjoying some nice rides!

gulfcoaster

Welcome from Lower Alabama, soon to be back in B'ham.  Don't worry about the bike type here.  All types get together for rides.  The last one down here we had a GoldWing, dual sport, and a scooter.  And a Harley joined us in the parking lot.  We were later joined by another Harley and a GS.  That's what I love about this forum.  Being near Blount County area, you got nothing but good riding around you.  Hope to catch you on a ride soon.

ladylikeloser

Quote from: gulfcoaster on January 22, 2019, 06:31:02 PM
Welcome from Lower Alabama, soon to be back in B'ham.  Don't worry about the bike type here.  All types get together for rides.  The last one down here we had a GoldWing, dual sport, and a scooter.  And a Harley joined us in the parking lot.  We were later joined by another Harley and a GS.  That's what I love about this forum.  Being near Blount County area, you got nothing but good riding around you.  Hope to catch you on a ride soon.
That's definitely a relief to hear! It's hard enough being a noob sometimes. Haha.

norton73

Welcome from Springville.

I think I've seen you out and about on the CBR. There's all kinds of good riding locally, Blount and St Clair are hard to beat for fun roads.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

ladylikeloser

Quote from: norton73 on January 23, 2019, 04:38:09 PM
Welcome from Springville.

I think I've seen you out and about on the CBR. There's all kinds of good riding locally, Blount and St Clair are hard to beat for fun roads.
That very well might be! What do you ride? I almost never forget a bike I see!

Usually if you see me, I'm most likely with a red CBR500 rider.

norton73

I have several bikes, a silver Norton, a black and yellow BMW GS, sometimes I ride a ducati monster, or a KLX250S.

I can usually be seen in the company of my wife on her red Norton or her silver BMW R80ST.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

ladylikeloser

The other rider with me is my fiancé, so we're almost always riding together as well, though you may catch me out and about on my own every now and again. Usually we stay towards Oneonta, but every now and again we venture into Ashville. I agree that you can't beat the roads here! Hence why we tend to stick to this area for the most part. Especially if we're out for a short ride, just to scratch the incessant itch.

And that sounds familiar... Have the two of you ventured up to the Walmart in Oneonta by chance?