Pop Rave Bi-State Dual sport till dark this afternoon

Started by thinwater, February 26, 2019, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

Took the Royal Enfield Himalayan to Taft TN, I arrived at 4pm and sat outside enjoying the sunshine and a softdrink until 4:40pm.  No one appeared so I headed up Hwy 110 as planned.  To my surprise waiting at Ballard Hollow Rd was a silver BMW GS 1200 with hard panniers and street tires :o  The journey began and there were plenty of previous high water signs.  The stream crossing was no wider than normal, but there was evidence of the county moving around creek gravel and stockpiling right next to the stream on the other side for road repair use later.  In the scratching around they left large loose gravel to exit up into coming out on the other side.  They may have dipped a little deep with the backhoe as well.  The water was over my 18" boot on my left side (upstream side) and my foot got wet ::).  It was warm enough that my foot wasn't cold and the bike did well, BMW followed and the ride continued.  I skipped one planned rd for insurance to make it to a more challenging one at Delrose before dark.  Success, the challenging road had washed heavy on the steep ascent.  I looked back to check on my ride buddy and had a mirror FULL of BMW, I guess he was keeping the momentum high for his street tires on the uphill section.  I made sure and gave him room, it was a great ride.  When pavement was re-reached it was dusk and I asked if he wanted to do one more offroad cause there was one close.  He said he was ready to head back to Alabama so we fast tracked on pavement to Old Railroad Bed RD and pointed South.  It was a great end to an otherwise would be normal work day.  I was back in the Heart of Dixie wearing house shoes at 6:30pm.

I may hit this again, and repost on another spontaneous day, sorry for the short notice but the outdoor lunch visual locked it in, had to do it.  There is enough of this like stuff to start at the same place and weave North and West to ride all day I believe some Saturday and end up not too far away in the West Limestone area.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KevinB

Quote from: thinwater on February 26, 2019, 07:32:39 PM
There is enough of this like stuff to start at the same place and weave North and West to ride all day I believe some Saturday and end up not too far away in the West Limestone area.

I smell a group ride cookin'...  :-\

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

thinwater

I'd like to re-run this tomorrow 3/2/2019, but I'm not sure I'll be available to yet.  If I can clear off the day for it, I'll post later so watch if your interested.  It could be all day with a lunch stop/fuel at Sarge's Shack and a ending connect to Limestone Co Loop.

KevinB

thinwater

springer

Quote from: thinwater on March 01, 2019, 12:25:07 PM
See Pop Rave Bi-State II Dual Sport 3/2/2019

Ahhh, you do know that when you post a topic you can use another title for the topic...right? ;)

You have 3 or so that has Pop Rave Bi-State Dual Sport in it. Makes it all look like just 1 ride...just saying.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.