News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2T dual sport work shop

Started by Ryanbroome, October 12, 2015, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbroome

Holy shit! Look at the terrain on this video. By the way it is a bike with a Lectron carb.
http://youtu.be/A4o5YBcFSXo

2smoke

LOL multiple opportunities to REALLY mess up there!  :o

Are there any reviews of the Lectron on other boards? Adv, GA offroad (think it is), a KTM board? I recall the name lectron, maybe from the LS1 crowd.

Ryanbroome

There are a bunch of reviews on the line that are great. No bad ones that I have found. You seem to get better fuel mileage with it also

Ryanbroome

I'm not finding enough information about the Lectron carb to pull the trigger on it as of yet. I keep thinking that the best thing to do is go back with the tried and true Keihin with the JD kit but I want something different. I know I'm being a little bitch about this but it seems like a do or die decision to me. I don't want to get stuck with something I can't work with.

Decisions decisions decisions!

2smoke

Yeah something to preferably get right the first time. Certainly local shops have seen plenty of Keihin/JD kits come through. Wonder if any have seen the Lectron? Max or MotoAce?

Ryanbroome

Quote from: 2smoke on October 26, 2015, 07:29:33 PM
Yeah something to preferably get right the first time. Certainly local shops have seen plenty of Keihin/JD kits come through. Wonder if any have seen the Lectron? Max or MotoAce?
I may check

Ryanbroome

I made the decision today to order a new Keihin carb with the JD kit from JD Jetting. To me, there wasn't enough information on the Lectron carb to make me feel comfortable about spending almost $400.00 on something that "should" work.

Can't wait for some hot laps this weekend

Mulley

Quote from: Ryanbroome on November 09, 2015, 01:21:08 PM
I made the decision today to order a new Keihin carb with the JD kit from JD Jetting. To me, there wasn't enough information on the Lectron carb to make me feel comfortable about spending almost $400.00 on something that "should" work.

Can't wait for some hot laps this weekend

Dang it, I failed in trying to find a guinea pig. I'm kidding, get that thing back on the trail where it belongs.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Trail guy

Glad the parts are on the way to get her back in one piece again. We should plan a big dirt ride soon.

Ryanbroome

Quote from: Trail guy on November 09, 2015, 08:13:10 PM
Glad the parts are on the way to get her back in one piece again. We should plan a big dirt ride soon.

Very soon

Ryanbroome

Look what came in today

A little fresh fuel and oil and I'll be rolling. Maybe tomorrow

Ryanbroome

I have clamped the new carb on the bike and drained the 6 month old fuel out of the tank. Now it's time for a inline resistor to send some direct current power to a new led headlight

That light is very heavy so the factory plastic housing probably won't support the weight. I'll have to make a bracket behind the plastic to hold the new light in place. Not sure how yet but I'll come up with something this week.
Getting closer!

bblass

I've got the same light on my TTR and wound up having to weld a new bracket after my first time out with the old one. Still have some steel left over from making mine if you're in the bham area.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Ryanbroome

Quote from: bblass on November 16, 2015, 12:55:38 PM
I've got the same light on my TTR and wound up having to weld a new bracket after my first time out with the old one. Still have some steel left over from making mine if you're in the bham area.
I really appreciate it but I think I have enough at home. I'll hit you up if I don't though

Ryanbroome

It's like making your canoe fit in the Prius. It sucks!

But I did get the new light to fit in the old plastic housing last night. After 6 hours of cutting and bending and welding it finally looks right.
Some paint and connectors tonight and I should be done.