News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tennessee Fall Colors Street Ride, Sunday 11/3/19

Started by klaviator, November 04, 2019, 04:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

The meeting spot for this ride was the Shell Station in Ardmore.  Steve, Rich and I rode there and where soon joined by 8 other riders. 

We had a mix of bikes including 3 scooters, a dual sport bike, a Harley, a Triumph, and a variety of Japanese bikes. We had riders from Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.

We headed out for some fun country roads in Middle Tennessee.

Interesting effects from the light and my camera.

Waiting for everyone at an intersection.

These were real country roads. We didn't see any traffic lights on the ride except when we rode into Lewisburg later in the day.

The colors where past their peak but there was some color in some places.

thinwater

I think I met you on Hwy 53 at Ready Section Rd about 9:30, Natalee and I saluted from a Maroon Honda van cage.   :'(

lazeebum

klaviator

Quote from: thinwater on November 04, 2019, 06:16:56 AM
I think I met you on Hwy 53 at Ready Section Rd about 9:30, Natalee and I saluted from a Maroon Honda van cage.   :'(

I'll try to do my next ride on a Saturday so you can make it.  Maybe next saturday if the weather is nice.

klaviator

klaviator

Lunch was at the Old Delina Country Stor.

The food was great, the company was great and the owner and his wife came and talked to us.  If you have never been there put it on your to do list.

For me it's not just the bikes and the rides that make riding so great, it's also the people.

Guidedawg

Nice Goat

So glad to see that you good participation.  The weather was awesome.  I was thinking about you folks and wishing I was with you!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Quote from: Guidedawg on November 04, 2019, 09:13:52 AM
It looks like a great time!

It was a great time, and it wasn't done yet.

We rode some more after lunch.

We got stuck behind a slow moving truck that was using too much of the road for me to feel comfortable passing so I pulled over to give it some room so we could enjoy this nice curvy road. It also gave me the chance to take a pic of some of the group.

Over the shoulder shots.

klaviator

We detoured into Lewisburg because a couple of the bikes had limited range and there where NO gas stations along the route. Our two riders from Tennessee headed home from there and the rest of us headed back South.

We stopped back in Delina to take this pic. There were too many cars here to do this after lunch.

klaviator

One rider broke off and headed for home before Delina and another shortly afterwards. The rest of us rode back to Ardmore.

We stopped in Ardmore, Kicked some tires and then split up and headed for home. I had a great day. A big thanks to everyone who joined up for this ride.

Mulley

Very nice ride and pictures are great. I wish I could have made it. Maybe next time. (how many times has this been said????)
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

ScooterRick

Thanks for coordinating another great ride, Win. It was a blast to ride with such a fun group!
"No more Vespa"

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder