News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Yo from the Huntsville neighborhood.

Started by Guzzi55, December 25, 2019, 08:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guzzi55

Merry Christmas from Somerville, Al. My wife Therese and I were out riding and while setting at a stop sign a guy jumps outta his car and hands us a few "Motorcycle Alabama" stickers. We thought we'd join up and see if we could meet a few of the other riders in the area. We both ride, mostly paved roads and rarely on the highway (T gets a little concerned about the trucks). Hope y'all have a safe and joyful holiday season.

jrobinson

Welcome form just east of Hsv.

Short ride this Saturday to eat at Chef Troys. Check it out and show up.

Holler if you have any questions. We love bike pics.

norton73

Welcome and Merry Christmas from Springville.

Hope to see y'all out and about riding.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

KrisCook

Welcome and Merry Christmas from Birmingham!  Come on down to Chef Troy's on Saturday (12/28)!  We'll be there at high noon for a reminder of what Motorcycle Alabama is all about.   :)
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

KevinB

Nice Goat

Quote from: Guzzi55 on December 25, 2019, 08:32:10 AM
...while setting at a stop sign a guy jumps outta his car and hands us a few "Motorcycle Alabama" stickers...

That was probably me!  Glad y'all signed up!  Welcome from Cullman!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  You picked a good forum to meet some other local riders.  Keep an eye on Street rides and events for upcoming rides.  Look at the ride reports section to see what kind of rides we have done in the past.

2372ighost

Merry Christmas, there's riding for everyone!!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

LawnmowerRG

Welcome from Moody Alabama. Love to meet up at Chef Troys Saturday. If not we wil
Catch you sometime in the future.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Jwwr

Guzzi55

Is there still the Saturday meet at Blue Plate this weekend? (Read about those somewhere on here).

Ride to Chef Troy's via interstate or ???

klaviator

Quote from: Guzzi55 on December 27, 2019, 05:44:35 PM
Is there still the Saturday meet at Blue Plate this weekend? (Read about those somewhere on here).

Ride to Chef Troy's via interstate or ???

The North Alabama Motorcycle Vintage Club normally meets at the Blue Plate Cafe Saturday mornings at 8.

I'll be leading a ride to Chef Troy's tomorrow leaving Hartselle at 10:30.  It will be all back roads.  Details here: http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3735.0

renchinrider

Welcome, Guzzi55!  I'm from Huntsville as well.  Unfortunately, I've been overwhelmed in work :'(, and have been absent from MC-AL lately.  But one of my New Years resolutions is to get back on and get involved again ;D.  You won't find a better group of people than you'll find here!

I'm also involved with North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club (which Klaviator mentioned).  You're invited to join us any Saturday morning at 8 am at the Blue Plate Cafe II, corner of S. Memorial Parkway and Byrd Spring Rd.  We have a great time, and put together a few rides each year that cater to the vintage (i.e. not-so-fast, backroads) crowd. 

Look forward to riding with you in the near future!

PS:  a few of us from NAVMC are riding down to Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton tomorrow for the Last Ride of the Year.  If you're heading that way, we'll see you there!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Sweeper

Nice meeting you both on Saturday. Hope to see you both again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guzzi55

Therese and I were just talking this morning about how much we enjoyed meeting everyone on the ride to Chef Troy's last weekend. What a great group of folks! Looking forward to seeing and riding with y'all again.