News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

March Moto Madness 2020

Started by lastparrot, February 11, 2020, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastparrot

Just curios if anyone is planning on going.  Still on the fence about this year, are you heading to Tellico Plains?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

I'm hoping to make it to this one year...
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Al Goodwin

I believe I read MMM has been canceled.

lastparrot

Quote from: Al Goodwin on March 17, 2020, 09:13:11 AM
I believe I read MMM has been canceled.
That is correct.  Sad, i mean you can still go and ride.

Al Goodwin

The Cherohala Skyway and 129 are closed, barricaded.

[ :) :)quote author=lastparrot link=topic=3761.msg33766#msg33766 date=1584464438]
That is correct.  Sad, i mean you can still go and ride.

[/quote]

klaviator

I have read that Graham County, Cherokee county and Swain county, NC have basically shut down to non residents.  Those counties contain a lot of great motorcycling roads and get a lot of riders from all over.  I think they don't want a bunch of tourists from NY and other hot spots coming and spreading the virus.

norton73

Quote from: klaviator on March 28, 2020, 08:15:46 AM
I have read that Graham County, Cherokee county and Swain county, NC have basically shut down to non residents.  Those counties contain a lot of great motorcycling roads and get a lot of riders from all over.  I think they don't want a bunch of tourists from NY and other hot spots coming and spreading the virus.

It may also because there are very limited health providers in the area and tourists could overwhelm them quickly. They are mostly concerned for their own residents and want the facilities for them.
Loose nut holding the handlebars