News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Washing Product (mud non stick?)

Started by thinwater, March 04, 2020, 01:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

I'm currently in the middle of getting the mud / dust mixed with chain lube gunk off of my Himalayan.  Once Clean is there some non stick product that can be applied so that the dirt/ mud just hoses off easily?  You enduro guys have some secret trick sauce?  This has to be an issue for ya'll.

I usually don't clean it because I know I'm just going to get it muddy/dirty again next trip.  I'm trying to make it look. ;D and stay that way for a while without the meticulous nook and cranny toothbrush detail.  Riding is too important to sacrifice time to that.

norton73

I've heard of people spraying Pam cooking oil on their bikes. Never tried it myself.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrobinson

there are several products the dirt track cars use. Baby oil seems to be a favorite. I don't have any first hand experience using any of these.

KevinB

A buddy gave me a can of this for my dirt-bike...

https://www.maximausa.com/product/sc1/

Gives the bike a nice gloss (you can spray it and leave as-is for a higher gloss, or buff it to knock the sheen down), mud hoses off really easy, and it smells good.

thinwater

Quote from: KevinB on March 05, 2020, 11:25:08 AM
A buddy gave me a can of this for my dirt-bike...

https://www.maximausa.com/product/sc1/

Gives the bike a nice gloss (you can spray it and leave as-is for a higher gloss, or buff it to knock the sheen down), mud hoses off really easy, and it smells good.

Received it yesterday, it did smell good, it does make the bike look new.  I will report back when I have some mud to hose off.  Thanks!

thinwater

OK, went on part of the Limestone County Dualsport loop I put together a while back.  Got in some mud, a few water crossings, its 72 degrees so I also piled up some mosquitos on the tank.  Now we're talking Alabama Red Clay, it didn't just fall off without staining a trace.  It did spray off easy and a simple wipe with the bare hand across the stained area removed both the left behind discolored stain, and the bugs.  I'm calling it a success.  Thanks a lot.  I also so a pair of motorcycle tracks this afternoon on the offroad....Anybody here messin round Elk River Hwy 99?

KevinB

Good to hear it worked.

Reminds me that I need to order some more...

kylepeterson

turtle wax (inside out) stuff goes on my dash/plastics. it's greasy and brings back old neglected plastics/dashes/door panels etc

on dirt bike plastics it's greasy, if you get it on a non-gripper seat (stock seats) it's like a slip-n-die with baby oil on top. if you have a gripper seat it's fine.

just spray the crap on and let it sit a while, wipe off excess and it will still be greasy weeks later.

dust sticks to it, but wipes off.
mud tries to stick, but falls away with water.

just give 'er the berries !

polarissalesman

be careful with the SC1 in my Yamaha Venture it caused the paint to blister on my bag lids... :(  it is a good product and maybe mine was an isolated case. We use it all the time in the store. Some of these new ceramic cleaners and wax that is out is good,,, you just wash it then spray on the wet bike and wipe dry. ON my Tenere it makes it look new again and bugs and other stuff comes right off after 1st use... I use some from walmart hybrid solutions ceramic wet wax ...
"keep the rubber side down"