| View Unread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do I order from anyone else?  (Read 106 times)

Offline norton73

• Sr. Contributor
  • Faster than a speeding pullet
    • My pics
Why do I order from anyone else?
« on: May 17, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »
Back in late April, I was looking over the old GS and the rear tire was looking worn and was gonna need replacing before my planned trip to Lexington KY to watch the Red Mile on May 30th. I have been very happy running Heidenau K60s the last several tire changes so went to order up another rear.

Revzilla had it at a good price when I googled suppliers, so on May 1st I ordered up.  After the order confirmation, I heard nothing. So on the 8th, I sent an email to Customer service inquiring where my order stood. I get a reply on May 12th telling me it is shipping the next day.

No email with a tracking number had hit my inbox by last Friday, May 15th, so I sent another email asking about a status update and a tracking number. I also said I needed this tire soon because I had a trip planned would need to source a tire locally or somewhere else soon. Actually the Red Mile was postponed until June 6th, but better to be prepared.

I recieved a reply  on the 15th at  noon that it hadn't shipped, they had no idea why. On the plus side, they said they weren't going to hold my money hostage and refunded it with an additional $25 store credit for my problems.

I checked Rocky Mountain ATV and they showed the tire with 4 in stock and I should receive it by May 21. Ordered up at 1pm.

Saturday morning I still hadn't recieved an order confirmation by email, so I checked my order history, and...  drum roll!

Shipped Friday afternoon, on a Fed Ex truck in Birmingham out for delivery Saturday.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Offline gulfcoaster

• Contributor
Re: Why do I order from anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 12:41:24 PM »
My experiences with RM ATV have always been nothing short of spectacular.  I was ordering a jacket from them a year or two ago, and called them up to ask about sizing.  They asked for a few measurements, next thing I knew they had went and found someone at the warehouse who was about the same size as me and had him try on two different sizes to see which one fit him best.  Needless to say I was impressed.  And of course they had it shipped out right after I got off the phone.

Offline KevinB

• Group Leader
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:52:30 AM »
I've placed a couple of orders recently with Revzilla and never got an order confirmation or a shipping notice email on either one. Their shipping times have increased dramatically too.

Offline odell2115

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 07:00:24 AM »
I’ve had the same experience with Revzilla lately too.  It also meant that I had to call them to get the “Zilla cash” added to my account the next time I wanted to order. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline norton73

• Sr. Contributor
  • Faster than a speeding pullet
    • My pics
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 08:26:26 AM »

Mounted and balanced yesterday.

Less than 48 hours after ordering.

Loose nut holding the handlebars