News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Exploring Tennessee Sat 9-19?

Started by klaviator, September 18, 2020, 08:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

We stopped and took a break on the side of the road.

So why not stop at a gas station or other suitable place with facilities?

Because there were none on our route. Our ride was a round 120 miles. I only remember passing one gas station and that was near our lunch stop. I think we were stopped here for 20-30 minutes and not one vehicle came by.

We rode Snake Creek Rd again.

We rarely got stuck behind traffic because there wasn't much. This was an exception.

Johnny Tobyone

Nice area I had never ridden     Thanks Win
R1200R
CRF450L

TN_twowheeladdict

This forum is strange with the like button at the top.  Read the post, then have to scroll back to top to click like.   ???

Glad you all had a good ride.  I had my own adventure planning a route for a future ride.  Took me 8 hours to cover about 160 miles with all the stopping.   :o
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on September 20, 2020, 08:12:00 AM
This forum is strange with the like button at the top.  Read the post, then have to scroll back to top to click like.   ???

Glad you all had a good ride.  I had my own adventure planning a route for a future ride.  Took me 8 hours to cover about 160 miles with all the stopping.   :o

The like button on the top is a bit of a PITA.  It could be worse.  One forum I'm on has no like button.  Another has a "thank you" instead of a like button ::)

Glad you had a good ride as well. 

klaviator

A few more pics to finish this off.

We took another break on the side of the road. Again, no traffic came by.

Lunch was at the 31 BBQ again.

After Lunch Randy took off for home leaving three of us on the ride.

As promised, I got us lost several times. This was one of our stops to consult the GPS and figure out where to go. Keep in mind I had no plan for after lunch. I was just winging it.

We eventually made it back to Ardmore and then headed home. It ended up being a short ride of only around 210 miles for me.

The group size was just right for a ride like this.  We often got lost or took a wrong turn and did a lot of u turns.  This is fine with a small group but would have been a PITA with a group of 10 or so.  With a bigger group I prefer to have a route set up in advance. 

klaviator

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on September 20, 2020, 07:31:06 AM
Nice area I had never ridden     Thanks Win

Thanks for coming along.  There is a lot of great riding in that area.  I have been riding and exploring that area for over a year now and still haven't ridden a lot of the roads.