News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ralley in the Valley III

Started by jrobinson, September 10, 2015, 12:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jrobinson

It's time to start planning for The Ralley in the Valley III. This is your chance to come hangout with all the cool kids on Bama Rides.

So get your bikes ready, put in for time off, get your kitchen passes and prepare for a weekend of good eats & great riding.

On Saturday we will have a street ride and a adventure Dual Sport bike ride again this year. Any style bike will be welcomed on either ride.

What: Ride, camp, eat, sit around the bonfire and tell tall stories. Repeat. You are welcome to participate in any or all of the weekend's festivities.

Where: Camping - At the former Chapman House B&B(Hwy 65 in Princeton, Al). There's 5 acres to camp, watch the bonfire and park.

Riding - Street Ride - Roads of Northeast Alabama and parts of Tennessee.
Adventure Dual Sport Ride - There will be a adventure Dual Sport ride. (Route still to be determined)
Off Road - There are some off road riding areas I can point out for you.

When: Sept. 18-20 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).

Cost: be a member of Bamarides or Mississippi Rides.

Need to start getting a head count. Let me know when you will be at camp and which ride you plan to participate in.

If you want to ride over and eat without camping, that's OK too.

I'll have my wife Sandy throw something together for breakfast and there will be dogs and burgers on the grill at night.
I'll need a head count for food and refreshments. I'll provide the soft stuff. Jackson Co is a dry county so you will need to bring the hard stuff with you.
We have 2 showers in the house you are welcome to use, bring towels and soap that you will need.

This is a great place for tents, not enough trees for hammocks. There's a couple couches and plenty of floor space if you want to sleep in the house.

We have plenty of room for parking and camping...

jrobinson

I need to get a head count for the ride you plan on and which meals you will be enjoying with us.

LawnmowerRG

I'm in. If I can get the Duc run through I will ride it.
I will be on the street ride.
Be there late Friday night or early Saturday morning.
if there are no street riders i will load up the truck and go Dual Sport.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

kdtrull

I'm in.
Arriving Friday afternoon.
Planning to camp but may take some floor space if it's available.
Probably dual sport.

lazeebum

In! Hopefully Friday afternoon. Dual sport.

griff

I'm in. We're still working on the route for the dual sport ride. We've been exploring and route planning. One thing we're having a hard time with is a lunch stop. Everybody may have to pack one if they want to eat.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

dirty-diesel

count me in for camping fri- sun. Dual sporting it.

jrobinson

I have 6 people committed to coming out next weekend. I know a couple more said they were coming before the great crash of 2015. Let me know if you plan on coming.

Sandy has 2 large pots of soup for Friday night and 12 lbs of BBQ for Saturday night. If yall don't show up and eat, I be eating leftovers for a month.I'll be as big as a barn.

lazeebum

Bad news and good news. Bad news, no Rally in the Valley for me. Good news, I get to ride with one of my brothers.

TFancher

I previously said I'd be there but it's not working out. Trying to get a house on the market and working 8 days a week. Maybe next time.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Chitza

I'll be there Friday evening through Sunday morning. Street ride.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

zdc1775

Still plan to be there with the wife. Will be going on the street ride Saturday and if I can talk her into it we will camp that night.

Beck

See you on Saturday for the dual sport ride.   Maybe Friday night, plans are in the flux.

jrobinson

Sounds great. We will be ready to eat Friday night around 7pm.

sctparker

If someone wanted to maybe show up for the street ride on Saturday ,what time should that somebody be there to tag along?