News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Chuck & Susan 2.0 - Re-introduction

Started by Chuck & Susan, January 10, 2021, 11:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck & Susan

Hey everyone.  We would like to re-introduce ourselves.  We have been away for a while (thanks to a stressful last 2 years of a job...we won't say who!!  LOL)  But Chuck is now retired!!!!!  Susan is working part-time.  We still have the grandson living with us.  But time is starting to slow down a bit for us (if you can say time slows down??)

Chuck is busy doing at home projects that have been neglected for the past few years and amplified by 2 hurricanes.  Susan is just working and trying to get a preteen through middle school.  Not sure who has the harder job....LOL. 

Chuck has been doing some riding.  One of his best rides was when he left his job for the last time - yes it was on the motorcycle.  (watch the videos:  https://fb.watch/2WX-20U4Lb/     and the going away party they did:  https://fb.watch/2WY4ejxxtr/ )

Also, he did a trip with the son-in-law to Yellowstone, Teton, Mount Rushmore and other places along the way.  He plans to do a ride report on that soon. 

Chuck did make it to the Last Ride of the Year in Stockton, AL. 

Now, we are going to try to make some of the Motorcycle Alabama events, rides, etc.  Both will try to be there, but Chuck has more freedom to ride now.  He hopes to have the home chores (big ones) done by spring.  He will always have home chores, but Susan will let him slack from time to time. 

We just wanted to let everyone know, we are still here and needing excuses to ride! 

Just to let all know, we live in Baldwin County, AL (about 20 miles north of Gulf Shores).  If you are in the area, get in touch with Chuck and give him an excuse to ride the bike.  Susan would like to get him out of her hair from time to time.  And if it works out...both of us will be riding.  (now remember, Chuck is the rider, Susan is the passenger). 

We are needing to get back into riding more and hopefully we can see some of our friends from Motorcycle Alabama and make new ones.  The past 2 to 3 years has been hell......now it is time to enjoy. 

See ya around!!

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

Congrats on retirement!  Hope to see you on a ride soon!

jrobinson

Get ready to head north. As soon as it warms up a little, I'm hosting a cookout at the new garage. (I know the feeling about working a lot).

Guidedawg

Wow, that was quite the sendoff!  Congratulations, Chuck.

Those of us still stuck with limited riding time look forward to your adventures!

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: klaviator on January 10, 2021, 11:55:37 AM
Congrats on retirement!  Hope to see you on a ride soon!

I'm sure you will and I'm looking forward to it.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: jrobinson on January 10, 2021, 07:07:15 PM
Get ready to head north. As soon as it warms up a little, I'm hosting a cookout at the new garage. (I know the feeling about working a lot).

Johnny you know I'll be there!! I'll watch for more details later.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Guidedawg on January 11, 2021, 08:43:00 AM
Wow, that was quite the sendoff!  Congratulations, Chuck.

Those of us still stuck with limited riding time look forward to your adventures!

It was kind of silly but rather touching with all the support I've received from all the first responders from all over the county and state.

They wanted and had arranged to fly me home afterwards in the local Medstar helicopter. But I stuck to MY plan on leaving the last time. I had taken the bike to the center the afternoon before. I drove the company truck to work that morning and left on the bike. The strange part was I headed out on back roads to just feel free and I guess to feel like I was running from the madhouse. But maybe 20 mins into the ride I realized my mind was everywhere but on ridding the bike. I decided I better go home and park it for the day before I or someone else got hurt. But it felt so good to leave on my bike.

It was a great career I enjoyed it for over 40 years in public service.

See ya soon on a ride too!!

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

gulfcoaster

Congrats Chuck!!!  Glad to hear from you two.  Wishing you two the best.

Fencejumper09

Welcome back!

The old Mean Wing has been sitting dormant waiting for your return!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on January 27, 2021, 11:07:00 AM
The old Mean Wing has been sitting dormant waiting for your return!!

Hey if you decide to work on it sometime let me know and I'll make a ride up there to watch and get in the way....  :D

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on January 27, 2021, 11:42:18 AM
Hey if you decide to work on it sometime let me know and I'll make a ride up there to watch and get in the way....  :D

Chuck

Going to need a wire brush to get all the woodworking dust off of it first!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

AST236