News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Meandering

Started by Gam, October 20, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Plan was to ride some of that dual sport route south of Clanton,  I made it about 15 miles before I hit something that needs a reroute, found a good dirt side road to get back to pavement, but once I get off the red route line I am lost, if I had been near a river I would have slung that gps into it. Everyone had bailed on this excursion, so there was no one with any sense to get me back on track. I will never go again without a gazetteer.

When I finally figured out which way was north, I bee lined for Parrish, Al to meet up with a guy who was going to join me on the route, he didn't contemplate having to ride to Clanton to do that though. We camped not far from his house, Great campsite with a creek. You wind through several fields each further away from the road.

We had a visit from an extraterrestrial that night, he saw the weird blue lights in the woods and thought one one of his buddies had gone down. He drank all the George Dickel and left.

Alpine start the next  morning, kickstands up at 11:00.

A lazy ride on backroads to Swann Bridge. We met GSWR there, he and Clay went on to ride around.

I headed home, catching dirt where I could.