News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

History Repeats Itself

Started by Reserector, October 21, 2015, 07:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reserector

I found one more, but it is dark by the time I get there after work, so I will have to wait until the weekend.

gene46

I am having fun with this game! It takes some research! I went through Childersburg several weeks ago. I was in my truck because it was raining and I was having to haul some things. I took some of these pictures with me for preliminary research. I went back today on my bike. Luckily I found a woman in town that was born in the 1930's. Things have changed so much, but she was able to show me some things (Powell Drug Co and the Post Office) that I would never have been able to identify from just looking at them.
The gas station:

Buidings

Powell Drug Company:

This was the main street.:

This was the US Post Office:

Ryanbroome

Reserector

Once again, I failed to get to the Ellisville Post Office location in daylight.  Will try again this weekend.  Once I get that one, I suppose I will need to widen my search.

You did a great job finding those.  I would not have gotten some of them without help, either.  But comparing the pics, I can see it.  Awesome job!

Reserector

Quote from: gene46 on November 14, 2015, 04:39:06 PM

This was the main street.:

I think those are the original power poles. 

jrobinson

Scottsboro downtown north side of square in the 30's.

Same place today.

VWCarlos

Found this old picture on the Internet and thought it would cool to use for this post.

Past

Today

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100