News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport ride Saturday may29th

Started by klaviator, May 26, 2021, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

This will be a dual sport/adventure ride suitable for all dual sport and also large adventure bikes.  We will be riding a mix of dirt roads and curvy country roads.  I don't expect anything really challenging. 

Meet:  Speedway Gas station 1375 Huntsville Highway, Fayetteville, TN

Time:  Meet 9:15.  Depart 9:30

Lunch will be in Lynchburg, probably at the Barrel House BBQ.

If you are trailering up your bike there are some large parking lots nearby.  Last time a couple of people used the Wally World parking lot.

The rain on Friday should make for some great ride conditions.  I wouldn't do a group ride on these roads if it was dry because it would be too dusty. 

It's looking like a great day for a ride on Saturday.  I was thinking of riding some goat trails and dirt roads in Tennessee.  I was leaning towards the area East of Fayetteville and lunch in Lynchburg but would also consider another area.  Keep in mind that some places like Bankhead are likely to have a lot of traffic due to it being memorial day weekend.

Anyone interested?

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

thinwater

I'm pre-engaged in non-riding.  Ya'll be mindfull of the extra activities everywhere.

thinwater

If weather . com is correct :o,  It will be a PERFECT Saturday to dual sport.  Rain Friday will remove the dust, overcast and 67 Saturday with no rain.  Jealous. >:(

TWJohn

I am a possible, I still need to go over my TW. Poor thing has been stuck in the back of the garage since the freestate ride.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

I edited the first post to include the meeting time and place:  Speedway in Fayetteville at 9:15.  See ya'll there.

TWJohn

Sorry but I don't think I will make it. I hope others will.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Sweeper

I'll be hauling to WallyWorld. See you then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN_twowheeladdict

I don't think I am going to keep up with you all on the Van Van so I am probably going to ride the Guzzi somewhere.  Maybe a circuitous route up to Sloan's to look around with a stop at one of the Legends Steak Houses for a Steakburger one day late of National Hamburger Day!
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

El Vulch

I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator