News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Lunch at Chef Troy's, Saturday July 10th

Started by klaviator, July 06, 2021, 03:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

How about lunch at Chef Troy's at noon next Saturday?  I'll lead a ride for those here in the Huntsville area and maybe someone else can set one up from the Birmingham area.

It's been a while since we did this.

Who's interested?

David DoubleEX

I'll be there come hell or high water (I'll either bring a squirt gun or a pair of floaties). I have missed the last handful of gatherings due to other commitments.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TFancher

I'm gonna try to make it. Chef Troy's is always a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

TWJohn

YES YES YES, Great Idea! I will ride the cruiser.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

It looks like we have some interest.  I was planning on meeting at Allsport in the morning and then leading a group to Chef Troy's.  I'm thinking street ride but could make it a dual sport ride if that's what people would prefer.

Any thoughts on this?

mojo1

I can lead a ride up from Bham area if anyone is interested.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

N4HHE

Interested in departing from Huntsville/Madison if you are not going to take a 150 mile route to get there.

David DoubleEX

I'm interested in either street or dual sport to get there. The DL1000 is ready for either!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

timebak

Im in!  I'm guessing that you want to meet at Allsports in Decatur?  At what time and KSU??  And I'm also in for gravel, or even some dirt (but not much mud), if you want to.  I'll be riding a Yamaha Super Tenere, so I can't throw it around in the dirt and muck like you can a true dual sport. But I do have 50\50 tires on it.

For anyone that hasn't been there: Chef Troy's is some GOOD groceries!!!
It is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)

klaviator

klaviator

Good turnout today.  I think we had 18 people.  Thanks everyone who showed up.  It was good seeing everyone.

We had a few new faces.

klaviator

Lunch was great as you would expect at Chef Troy's.  Some of us hung out after lunch.

Rare sighting of a Nice Goat!

Nice goat led a small group on a dual sport ride around Bankhead.  Six of us headed north on 63 then split into two groups when we got to 33.

Randy, John and I rode 33 to Leola road and then a couple of back roads to 36 and then home.

I took this last pic a few miles from home.

timebak

It was a good time getting to put faces and names with the screen names.  And the food was excellent!  Ride was fun too, although a bit cold. ;)  klaviator and nice goat did a good job of keeping us all together and not losing anybody.  Had lotsa fun running gravel back through Bankhead National Forest on the way back home.  Nice goat was good guide.  Once again, I forgot to turn off the danged traction control system on my Super Ten before we got on the gravel and when we hit a couple of muddy spots and some washboard gravel, things got a bit squirrely.  But I got it turned off at the next stop sign and it was smooth as chicken lips after that.

Thanks again, klaviator, for organizing this!

timebak
It is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)

Nice Goat

I had a great time yesterday.  I've been working too hard and have not been riding enough lately. 
Even though it was a fairly large group, everybody kept good distance from each other and rode at their own pace.
It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new folks too.  Even got to catch up with Tony and Greg.
After lunch, David, Tim and I made a clockwise loop around the top of Bankhead.  We only stopped for one photo at the Free State sign.
There was not as much water going over Kinlock Falls as I had hoped, but there was still a gaggle of people parked there.
We passed by the trailhead to Kinlock Spring also, which sits right across the road from the CCC ruins, which we could not see because of the bushes.
We ran a fairly brisk pace, stopping only once so that I could check the GPS.  Then we rode Leola Road out to Flink Creek Trail, where we stopped and chatted for a while.
Finished up Leola, dropped out onto Danville Road, and hit 157 back to Cullman.
All together, I rode 169 miles yesterday and used a little less than half a tank.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."