News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bamarides Enduro Race

Started by Ryanbroome, October 26, 2015, 03:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbroome

Why if Bamarides was to host an Enduro race? A friend of mine owns an offroad park in northern Jefferson county where he already has offroad rides and races throughout the year, except they are 4x4's. If it's something that would be doable then I can sit down with him and figure out what it would take to get the park for a Saturday. Maybe we could try to get a few sponsors to help with the funds.
Just an Idea to try and get the offroad community together.

RubyRider

8)   I'm Game..................

Tell us more.

Sounds like the possibility of an awesome event.

If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

Ryanbroome

It could be a fun run, a 24hr race, or a hare scramble. I'll see what it would cost tomorrow

battlebuddy618

I think the biggest thing we are lacking in the area is another night race.  Keep in mind though that any event will take a huge amount of preparation and volunteers to be successful.  + even more for a night race. 

SpeedyR

if anyone is interested, Highland Park is going to do a 6 hour race new years weekend (2nd maybe??). I'll find out more details and not sure if I'll be in town but I may try to put together an ADV class for the races.

but yes, have a HS race would be fun but it's a ton of work. making the trail (good passing zones evenly spaced), marking the trails, keeping people on the right track, manning the corners where there could be confusion, scoring tent, EMS, etc. etc. I would guess that you would need 15-20 "volunteers" to make it happen, plus many many days of prep. So if BR were to "sponsor" the race, you would be working, not racing. ;)

Fencejumper09

This would be awesome...especially if it is big bike friendly.

If not, count me in as a volunteer!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Ryanbroome

That's right, working not racing. Bamarides would have the privilege of marking trails and pre running the course as much as we would care to.
The park is pretty much already set up, we would just have to add single track if everyone wanted to. Would there be enough people here that wanted to volunteer? I'm not sure but I do know of some outsiders that would volunteer. It would probably take a year to plan and set up to make it a great event. If it goes off without a hitch then there could many more to come.

Chitza

I'm in to volunteer. My only concern is liability. Maybe work in conjunction with someone like SECCCA?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Ryanbroome

The owner has insurance for the offroad park events he has year round. You have to sign a waiver when entering the park. Saying that, I don't know what you need other than what he already does. I'll see though

Ryanbroome

To answer my own question, we cannot have one at the Offroad park I was talking about. I tried

stickers

What offroad park in Jefferson County?