News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

End of Year Flash Mob

Started by jrobinson, October 27, 2015, 09:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

This is still in the planning stages, but we need some input. We'll give it a week then set everything in stone.

We would like to have a get-together in early December for Bamarides. This will be a family friendly event that you can bring your better half and/or the kids. Here's some of our ideas.

Bamarides will furnish hotdogs, burgers and drinks.

We want at least 4-5 people to present a slideshow/video of their riding, racing or touring adventures. This can be as long or short as you want.

We are thinking early afternoon, 1-2pm on a Saturday or Sunday. This will allow for travel time. Maybe Dec 6th, 12th or 13th. I know it gets busy in December with Christmas around the corner.

We are looking for a good location to meet at.  I can get the firehall in Trenton(25 miles east of Huntsville). We have a 40X50 area with heat, grill, restroom, tables, chairs and projector & screen.

If you have access to something similar closer to Bham, that may be better. That will depend on who is interested in attending.

Respond if you are interested, days that would be best, if you have an adventure to present or preferred location.

KrisCook

Great idea!  I will bring Dad and show up with my 2015 riding credentials, which are pretty darn thin. 

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

klaviator

I plan on being there.  I would be interested in doing a slide show but have no actual slides.  Am I correct in assuming that the projector there could be fed from a laptop?

As for dates, Saturday is normally best for me but I'll be there whatever date you pick.

jrobinson

Quote from: klaviator on October 27, 2015, 11:50:54 AM
I plan on being there.  I would be interested in doing a slide show but have no actual slides.  Am I correct in assuming that the projector there could be fed from a laptop?

As for dates, Saturday is normally best for me but I'll be there whatever date you pick.

Yes. You can bring a laptop or I'll have mine there to use for the slide show/videos.

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Chuck A.

Does the hall rent or do you get it at no cost? I would think they would want something even if it were a donation.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

jrobinson

As chief, I do have a few perks.

Chuck A.

Throw in a bikini bike wash and the crowd will come. :-X UH!, that babes in bikinis just to clear that one up:o.

griff

I'd be interested in doing this. I have hundreds of pictures from our Colorado trip that I'm to busy/lazy to have shared with everyone.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Beck

TechnoTherapist

I'm brand new here, but I'll throw in my hand to help cook.  Food sounds like an excellent way to get to know everyone.

Nice Goat

Food is an excellent bonding agent .... as are laughs.  Maybe we can have a little of both.  Sunday is better for me.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

Quote from: gharshman on November 08, 2015, 06:47:35 PM
Food is an excellent bonging agent .... as are laughs.  Maybe we can have a little of both.  Sunday is better for me.
The bonging will make this my craziest ride to date!

Looking forward to this!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

Food is an excellent bonging agent .... as are laughs.  Maybe we can have a little of both.  Sunday is better for me.

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on November 08, 2015, 07:57:59 PM
The bonging will make this my craziest ride to date!

Looking forward to this!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Someone is bringing a bong?  8)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

Oops!  I meant "bonding", not "bonging"!  :D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."