News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2022 Tennessee Knockout

Started by Fencejumper09, October 11, 2022, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

I raced the 2022 TKO for I think the 4th time this year.

Leading up to the race, all of the promoters were talking about how much more difficult the course was going to be this year.

In years past it has been a nearly 20 mile long course with 2 - 2.5 hours to complete. This format seemed more like a harescramble with some tough sections thrown in.

For 2022, the course time would remain the same but the distance was reduced to around 10 miles.

Although I had not trained much, I was optimistic as I enjoy the more technical terrain better.

Friday's prologue started off tough and I ended up going down a couple time and ended up at 227 of 595 racers for Saturday's first knockout race.

Saturday morning came and the race start went well, I made it through the first creek section got this sweet picture coming out of the creekbed!

No I did not purchase these photos haha

I finished the first race with a smile on my face but an empty tank!

My time was 1:41 which netted me a #105 finish. I passed quite a few people but never would have thought I passed over 120!

The second race came quick and after a quick snack and resting in front of a fan I was back on the same course plus a few additional technical sections.

One section had resulted in a bottleneck which was worse than any I had seen in the past. I actually sat in this spot for nearly 45 minutes. Long enough to take out my phone for this picture.

We waited for the bottleneck to clear and actually made it up this section fairly easily. It is amazing what momentum can do for you.

I made it past the 3/4 mark of the trail and was peer pressured into going up Uphill Swamp even though my time was nearly expired. My whole body was cramping but I loved every minute of it.

I ended up timing out but did better than I expected. I ended up with a bronze metal but had a blast with friends and family!

Looking forward to signing up again next year.

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

Nice work, man ... on the race and the report!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

Thank you!

It was a fun and tough race!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Merkur Man

I have been there several times as a spectator. You guys that race it are just plain crazy!!
Mite as well just stay at home and let someone beat you, and your bike repeatedly with a baseball bat  ;D
You are without a doubt - DA MAN - for finishing that event. I salute you.

Fencejumper09

I appreciate that!

It is brutal but I just love the beating haha!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT