3rd Annual "Nowhere to Be and All Day to Get There" ride in and campout. Nov 6-8

Started by Al Goodwin, September 10, 2015, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Come ride with us.....campout Friday night here or just ride in Saturday morning.

Breakfast served Saturday morning, then we'll ride, route to be determined.

We'll have our 2nd annualv viewing of the classic "Little Fauss and Big Halsey" on Saturday night outside on the big screen(bigger than last year) ;D

More info to come as we get closer.

jrobinson

Yankee Dog

jrobinson

Al Goodwin

377 County Road 1286, Vinemont, Al. 35179

I've got a question for suggestions....

The route last year was a hoot, but the hour+ ride up to the good stuff was not pleasant.  I'm thinking of staying closer to home this year, much like the route year before last. 

Thoughts ???

We'll, more than likely, stay away from Bankhead since our spring ride covers the best of that area.  I'm thinking Northern Cullman county, and southeastern Morgan....maybe work some of Joe Wheeler into the mix for a change.

Some of you are familiar with the area, give me some suggestions.......I may just surprise everyone.

For "Go Fast/Hoodlum riders" I'll try and work in something, but this ride is more relaxed than the Bankhead ride.

Al Goodwin

The adult beverage of choice for this ride.....

https://www.yuengling.com/oktoberfest

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Yankee Dog on September 12, 2015, 09:26:07 PM
Here we go again.   How about "On Any Sunday" instead.

NOPE 8).....we've all seen that, several times(although it's an excellent movie), maybe Friday night?? ;).....

Fauss and Halsey is a CLASSIC....if it ain't, well..I'm doing my part to make it one. ;D

klaviator

I'll be there for the ride on Saturday.  I really enjoyed the ride 2 years ago and doing a similar ride again would be just fine with me.  The cave tour was cool as well. 

Looking forward to this

KevinB

I may be able to make it up for the ride Saturday morning...what time you guys plan on heading out?

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kwb377 on September 15, 2015, 06:06:12 PM
I may be able to make it up for the ride Saturday morning...what time you guys plan on heading out?

9am...ish.....it's always a bit later.

BREAKFAST at 8am. :P

GS Noob

I've only been to the 2nd annual ride, but I loved the route last year. Since I'm on a bigger bike, I don't mind the highway ride to get to the good stuff. It was totally worth it IMO.

Nice Goat

Quote from: Al Goodwin on September 14, 2015, 12:10:47 PM
...give me some suggestions...

How about let's have two rides?  I'll lead a street ride, and you lead the dual sport ride?

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."