3rd Annual "Nowhere to Be and All Day to Get There" ride in and campout. Nov 6-8

Started by Al Goodwin, September 10, 2015, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

You're more than welcome to set-up tied to the pole......

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on October 21, 2015, 08:09:28 AM
Thanks Al I am really getting pumped for this ride.

If I can park my truck near that telephone pole I can run a hammock between it and my truck!

I will bring my tent just in case my redneck engineering skills come up short!

Thanks again for all you are doing!

I started prepping back in July with a trip up to the bourbon trail! Do you have a preference?

Al Goodwin

To the HARD-CORE off-roaders....this ride is even more subtle than the Bankhead ride :-[, probably 85% paved roads ::)....I hate it, but it's all we've got without a LOOOONG ride up into Tenn. or riding Bankhead, AGAIN!!!!

This ride will have a few dirt-roads, some very narrow twisty paved roads, a short trail to a cool cave we'll stop at for a break and possibly a little spelunking, bring a flashlight.  Also a trail leading out to Fort Bluff....they're cutting timber along the trail, the trail is much easier now, but the last 1/4 of it is as it's always been....This place has a fantastic view of the valley below.

We'll have one water crossing, wide and long....and I found out today that, even though we've had little rain lately, it's much, MUCH DEEPER than 2 years ago :o .  Plus the road has gotten rougher than I ever remember it being...wish it was longer, only a couple of miles actually.

A couple of spots we stopped at 2 years ago are now blocked, posted "no trespassing" or the likes >:(.....we'll see what it looks like that morning.

Either way...it'll be a good day, with good folks... :)

This is all "Big bike friendly" we were 2-up on the Tenere today.

Al Goodwin

142 miles total +/-....... 8)

Let's start a HEAD-COUNT

1. Me
2. Melony

klaviator

Me, Me, me........ 

I'll be there Saturday morning and do the dual sport ride.

Fencejumper09

I'll be there Friday afternoon!

edit: I will be participating in the dual sport ride
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Yankee Dog

Is there anything planned for Friday day. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Yankee Dog on October 28, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
Is there anything planned for Friday day. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing written in stone......if you've got an idea, let us hear it.   I'm off work that Friday.

Mash

I need to get a rear tire put on the Yamaha but hopefully I'll be there