News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

How do you make your off road bike street legal?

Started by Trail guy, November 07, 2015, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trail guy

I know that several on here have bikes that were not originally street legal.  Were these bikes purchased out of state already made street legal, or are people registering their bikes out of state and just using out of state plates? I believe that this was covered on the old forum but I would like to know the process involved. Have an xr400.

Thanks in advance

springer

How about an introduction or re-introduction first? Then we will revel the secret.   ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Trail guy

All right I have re introduced myself so I am itching to know if this is something I can easily do or am I biting off a mega money endeavor.   Thanks all. 

Ryanbroome

I got one for my KTM300 and several others have done the same. It didn't take very much money or time. Just make sure you follow the directions. I'll post some of the info that I used

Shepcam

Here is the thing, I think the consensus is the we don't want to post up the entire process of this particular trick so that the Alabama DOT system is not clogged with title request for non-street titled, dirt bikes from another state. Don't want to raise any red flags so we are trying to let most figure it on your own, I did it twice without any help. Google is your friend! One tip, if you have the original MSO makes it a little easier.
2013 Kawasaki Concours

Nice Goat

Or schedule a flash mob, and maybe somebody will give you all the details over a cold one.  ;)
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Trail guy

I Appreciate the leads and I understand not putting the whole treasure map in one place so to speak.

LRobinson

Trail Guy....are you the guy on Service Road with the heating and air business?   I ride and XR400, too and can help you.   I am in Houston this week, but PM me.   I will meet you after work one day and give you some pointers

Trail guy

Quote from: LRobinson on November 09, 2015, 08:18:44 PM
Trail Guy....are you the guy on Service Road with the heating and air business?   I ride and XR400, too and can help you.   I am in Houston this week, but PM me.   I will meet you after work one day and give you some pointers
That would be great we could go riding. Been working on cleaning the trails up from storm damage. Got them all cleared now