News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

CNC plasma cutting and Aluminum welding

Started by griff, November 18, 2015, 09:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff

Need something cut out of metal? CNC plasma cutting is the cheapest, most effective way to cut shapes out of plate. We're able to cut out up to 1in thick plate in multiple shapes and sizes. Edge quality as good as saw cut. We can cut from just about any DXF file. Don't have a drawing file? We can do that for you as well. Drawing fees start at $35 and go up depending on the time and complexity needed. We can create DXF files from your picture files in order to cut out signs. Simple circles/squares/rectangles can be cut to your size without a drawing or drawing fee. We can send you an accurate quote from your DXF file. Here's our pricing:

Cutting Rates
16ga-5/16" $0.20 per inch
3/8"-1" $0.30 per inch
Pierce $0.25 per pierce

Material Rates per square inch steel
16 ga $0.02
11 ga 1/8" $0.05
0.188 3/16" $0.08
0.250 1/4" $0.11
0.3125 5/16" $0.12
.375 3/8" $0.15
.500 1/2" $0.18
.750 3/4" $0.35
1" $0.43

All material sold as cut. Dross removal available for an extra charge. Select Aluminum and Stainless available. Delivery available. Steel, Aluminum, and Stainless welding and machine work available.

256-812-3106
Located in Gurley, AL.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Nice Goat

Griff is a BR member in good standing, and he's a helluva technical wizard too.  If you need this kind of work done, you can trust that he'll do it right.

When I get my next dual sport, I might have you cut me a custom luggage rack!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

I need to bring my CS to you for some saddlebag mounts
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

griff

Thanks for the good words Glenn. I've also been working on some dual sport products as I get time and money to develop them. I'll be selling them through my currently unpublished webstore at some point. Carla, give me a shout when your ready and I'll work it into my schedule.

Here's some 1 in plate I cut the other day for some shop press plates.

I recently started a CBR900 powered single seat buggy project. I cut a lot of the tabs out for it the other day.

Started working on a firepit. I decided to cut out a tree in the side of it.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

griff

Finished the firepit I was working on in the other pictures.

I got it hi temp ceramic coated so we had to test it out today to see how it holds up. So far it's great but I haven't emptied the ashes out of the bottom and checked it yet.

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

griff

We offer welding services in addition to the CNC plasma cutting. We can do Mig, Tig, and Stick. Steel, Aluminum, and Stainless. Here's some Aluminum tubing I tig welded together this afternoon for a customer.

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

jrobinson

Good looking weld. Did you buy the machine you had for a demo?

griff

Yeah I really really liked that demo machine. I bought it and have loved having it around. I used it for 8 hours yesterday welding a bunch of aluminum. I was still ready to weld at the end of the day.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Jason

Griff, I install/service CNC equipment for a living. I have 1,000's of pieces of DXF artwork (even motorcycles). If you ever need anything in particular drop me a line. If I have what you need I'll be happy to email it to you.

griff

Jason,
Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

SpeedyR

I wish I had those kind of skills. But then i'd sit in front of a computer all day dreaming up shit to make. :)

the only thing I keep thinking I want is a set of AR500 plates to shoot at. lol.

or maybe something like this?

http://metaltargets.com/dueling-trees/centerfire-pistol/6-paddle-dueling-tree-pistol.html

wouldn't mind having one for 22's and another for pistols or light rifles (223).

Muss

Hmmmm.  Ever make Saddle bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griff

Thanks for the kind words. Part of my problem is what do I make next. I have a pretty long list. Saddle bags has been discussed but I haven't actually made a set, yet. For what they would have to cost I think most people would go buy pelican cases, etc. I am planing on making some niche market bike stuff to sell. Developing a product from scratch takes a lot of time and some money, more than most people realize. My goal for this next year is to get at least one product to market.

I want to do some metal targets, however because of stupid people I need to talk to an attorney before I sell those.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Ryanbroome

Quote from: griff on December 20, 2015, 08:37:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Part of my problem is what do I make next. I have a pretty long list. Saddle bags has been discussed but I haven't actually made a set, yet. For what they would have to cost I think most people would go buy pelican cases, etc. I am planing on making some niche market bike stuff to sell. Developing a product from scratch takes a lot of time and some money, more than most people realize. My goal for this next year is to get at least one product to market.

I want to do some metal targets, however because of stupid people I need to talk to an attorney before I sell those.
You wouldn't be selling targets, you would be selling woods art that swings in the wind

griff

Cut out and bent some brackets today. I probably should have mention in my original ad that we have the capability to bend some plate.
Here's our capability:
    19" 1/8" or thinner.
    15" in 3/16"
    12" in 1/4"
    5" in 3/8"
I also have a 6" wide die set for our press brake that can bend 1/2" plate as well.

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs