News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What's your take?

Started by MadMax, November 28, 2015, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMax

Saw this from a friend of mine on FB and it was taken here in Huntsville, AL.  Let's see what your initial thoughts are, LMBO!

kdtrull

I think it's nuts..and in today's world I'd suspect it a spoof.  But my folks did the same stupid thing when I was 2.

MadMax

I assure you it isn't Photoshopped.  The owner confirmed it's real, but there is a catch, lol.  I will reserve the catch till after I see some initial reactions.

I admit that I used to ride my 4 - 5 year old around the neighborhood on my V Star 1300 back when I had it.  Never outside the neighborhood, but he loved riding with me on the tank and pretending he was driving while blowing the air horn I had installed, lol.

kdtrull

I hear you.  I used to ride the tank and steer too.  But my folks were nuts.
Is hard to imagine now-days.

Chuck A.

The rider could be strapping a dog in for a ride
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Brian A

Quote from: Chuck A. on November 28, 2015, 11:24:33 PM
The rider could be strapping a dog in for a ride

He beat me to it.

klaviator

Only one kid on a bike?  In many parts of the world that ain't nothin!

jrobinson

I don't have a problem with it. I rode on the gas tank of a Triumph to get my first haircut.

We had a member on the old form that had a seat like that on his bike and carried his kid as a passenger.

klaviator

So this is considered perfectly acceptable:

But on a motorcycle it's not.  I'm not sure there is that big of a difference.

Most of my serious bicycle riding relatives have had more serious injuries on their bicycles than I have had crashing my motorcycles.

Chuck A.

We weren't to good to die young back then. I remember riding on the tailgate of a '62 Chevy pickup at 60 mph when I was 5 years old.

Or was our parents just caught up in the '60s carefree stuff. :o
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Chuck A.

Quote from: klaviator on November 29, 2015, 08:11:34 AM
So this is considered perfectly acceptable:

But on a motorcycle it's not.  I'm not sure there is that big of a difference.

If she were on the back of a motorcycle, a bikini top would be more acceptable. OH you were talking about the kid. Sorry :-X

Argh Oh

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. My son is 32 and wouldn't fit.

Chuck A.

Quote from: klaviator on November 29, 2015, 07:35:03 AM
Only one kid on a bike?  In many parts of the world that ain't nothin!

India's version of the mini van? 8)

MadMax

Loving the replies, but the guy actually has a pet monkey he uses it for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yankee Dog

Quote from: kdtrull on November 28, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
I think it's nuts..and in today's world I'd suspect it a spoof.  But my folks did the same stupid thing when I was 2.

So it's true.  You were dropped on your head as a child.